How important is it that your bag "stands" ??

I love crossbodys bags to keep my hands free, ( and I hate shoulder strap slipping) but the fact that they are usually puddlers does bug me. I love a framed satchel, that will stay put sitting and seems to keep everything inside organized and where you put it.

Hum... to me, there are two different kinda of "standing."

1. standing because it has a "wide base." so when my bag is riding shot gun. It isn't going to fall over during a sudden break.
For example: I had a LV Beauburg (sp wrong) and it was a simple book tote with no offical bottom. It is very structured but it is very "tall" so whenever I stop for a light, it falled over. Then, I have to go looking for everything on the bottom of the seat. When I go to a restarant, it won't sit steadily on the chair by itself. I eventually sold it.

On the other hand: LV Speedy has a wide base and it will "sit up" because it has a wide base. Bal Twiggy doesn't have structure, but when I sit it down and it has stuff in it, it will stay "up."

2. standing because it has structure. LV Epi Speedy, Alma, etc. They just stand up because it has structure.

So I like bags that "stay" where I put them. I don't want to worry about people bumping and knocking them over. So I guess, yes, I like bags that doesn't "fall over" but not neccessary "structured."

bags with long shoulder straps can be as floppy as they like since i can hang them up and sling them on the back of my chair when i'm out.

i prefer my totes and handhelds with a little more structure and with feet so the base doesn't get in contact with public floors. this way i can just clean the little feet with anti-bac wipes.

I don't care either way. I like a bag that stands but if it doesn't, I just hang it on a chair :smile: I'd actually rather do that anyway then put the bag on a surface, just in case the surface is dirty etc.