How important are Box, Dustbag, and Receipt for resale?

zestypasta

O.G.
Sep 21, 2006
I holding on to all of the above like grim death:sweatdrop: in case I ever resell my manhattan PM. Am I being overly cautious? I wonder how important these are since so many authentic bags are sold without these.

Does the receipt really make a huge difference since they can be faked now?

Honestly, I don't blame you one bit.

I am the same way--except not bc I might want to resell my bags, but for insurance purposes.

In fact, I am thinking of collecting up all of my receipts and having my grandparents put them in their safe.

IMHO, better to be safe than sorry!

I keep everything for another purpose though
Boxes and dustbag - better storage
Receipt - so that I'll know how much I paid for her 10 years later
Material tags - might as well, just keep them with the receipts

If I were going to buy something from Ebay, I would like to have everything. It kinda makes me feel that I somehow went to the store to get it, if you know what I mean :biggrin: It's a psychological thing for me

I keep everything for another purpose though
Boxes and dustbag - better storage
Receipt - so that I'll know how much I paid for her 10 years later
Material tags - might as well, just keep them with the receipts

If I were going to buy something from Ebay, I would like to have everything. It kinda makes me feel that I somehow went to the store to get it, if you know what I mean :biggrin: It's a psychological thing for me

Thanks for the replies! That's what I thought, psychological! I will be buying a speedy soon. I'm thinking used, but I won't get all the bells & whistles...I shouldn't let this stop me though.

Some people don't really care about all these, as long as it's a good deal and the item is authentic. But then again, those are always nice extras, especially if the buyer is getting it as a gift to someone. So I think since you have all that, might as well you just keep them well. :shrugs:

I keep all my receipts with the date code written on the top just for insurance reasons. I also keep the sleepers and boxes just in case someone needs a sleeper or a box.

I'm not thinking of selling my bags but I still keep all the receipts, care booklets etc. If I was buying a bag from Ebay etc the added extras such as box would definately make me lean towards that buyer rather than someone who was just selling the bag.

Sometimes, when I buy brand new from a store, I don't even get a box for a big bag, like my Brentwood. I've always received boxes from Valley Fair, and I AM KEEPING them. Dustbags are imperative. But, if I get a box, I'm keeping it, so luxurious.

I think at least the dust bags and receipts are important. A trading assistant recently sold a bag for me on eBay (not LV but another high-end brand) and the listing showed the receipt (personal info. blacked-out); it sold for more than that syle bag has ever sold for previously(almost full retail). Can't say for sure, but I think the receipt and the original dust bag made the difference. I am keeping all that stuff for every bag I buy now.

I keep everything that comes with the bag. For storage, the dustbag is important, the other things (tags, receipt, etc) I just like to have! For resale purposes, I think that the more that you can provide with the bag, the better. Just adds to its authenticity for me.