How important are Box, Dustbag, and Receipt for resale?

1. Neiman Marcus
    Dismiss Notice
  1. I holding on to all of the above like grim death:sweatdrop: in case I ever resell my manhattan PM. Am I being overly cautious? I wonder how important these are since so many authentic bags are sold without these.

Does the receipt really make a huge difference since they can be faked now?

2. Honestly, I don't blame you one bit.

I am the same way--except not bc I might want to resell my bags, but for insurance purposes.

In fact, I am thinking of collecting up all of my receipts and having my grandparents put them in their safe.

IMHO, better to be safe than sorry!

3. I think keeping them keeps the resell price good. I was looking at CB pieces, but the fact that they had no box made me feel the price should be lower.

4. I keep everything for another purpose though
    Boxes and dustbag - better storage
    Receipt - so that I'll know how much I paid for her 10 years later
    Material tags - might as well, just keep them with the receipts

If I were going to buy something from eBay, I would like to have everything. It kinda makes me feel that I somehow went to the store to get it, if you know what I mean :biggrin: It's a psychological thing for me

5. Thanks for the replies! That's what I thought, psychological! I will be buying a speedy soon. I'm thinking used, but I won't get all the bells & whistles...I shouldn't let this stop me though.

6. Some people don't really care about all these, as long as it's a good deal and the item is authentic. But then again, those are always nice extras, especially if the buyer is getting it as a gift to someone. So I think since you have all that, might as well you just keep them well. :shrugs:

7. If you're thinking of reselling it then keep it.:yes:

8. I keep all my receipts with the date code written on the top just for insurance reasons. I also keep the sleepers and boxes just in case someone needs a sleeper or a box.

9. I'm not thinking of selling my bags but I still keep all the receipts, care booklets etc. If I was buying a bag from eBay etc the added extras such as box would definately make me lean towards that buyer rather than someone who was just selling the bag.

10. Sometimes, when I buy brand new from a store, I don't even get a box for a big bag, like my Brentwood. I've always received boxes from Valley Fair, and I AM KEEPING them. Dustbags are imperative. But, if I get a box, I'm keeping it, so luxurious.

11. I think at least the dust bags and receipts are important. A trading assistant recently sold a bag for me on eBay (not LV but another high-end brand) and the listing showed the receipt (personal info. blacked-out); it sold for more than that syle bag has ever sold for previously(almost full retail). Can't say for sure, but I think the receipt and the original dust bag made the difference. I am keeping all that stuff for every bag I buy now.

12. Thanks for the info soccermom. Very important, if we all plan on upgrading some day...:graucho:

13. i like buying and having everything,even down to the shopping bag if possible...loll

14. I keep everything and love buying from sellers who have kept everything too!

15. I keep everything that comes with the bag. For storage, the dustbag is important, the other things (tags, receipt, etc) I just like to have! For resale purposes, I think that the more that you can provide with the bag, the better. Just adds to its authenticity for me.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice