How I spent my summer vacation....

rachaelmb

O.G.
Dec 14, 2006
and with which bag?

Remember at the start of every school year your teacher would ask you to write a paper on how you spent your summer vacation. I thought it would be fun if we shared with each other what we did over the summer and what bag we got the most use out of? I have loved reading the BE interviews and thought this would be another way to share fun stories with each other. I'll get us started.....:biggrin:

and with which bag?

Remember at the start of every school year your teacher would ask you to write a paper on how you spent your summer vacation. I thought it would be fun if we shared with each other what we did over the summer and what bag we got the most use out of? I have loved reading the BE interviews and thought this would be another way to share fun stories with each other. I'll get us started.....:biggrin:

This is a cute thread.

I spent A LOT of time this summer with my large taupe wtm and pewter spm! I would go on vacation and place my spm inside my wtm. Perfect for me since it was especially efficient carrying several bags into the hotel.

Also, my weekender set was a summer favorite!

I've really been using my Chocolate Matte Angel Purse this summer. I only have 2 BE items so far. The Angel Purse is perfect inside my bags as I tend to switch around quite often. It fits in all of them but the 3 tiniest (which I don't use that often anyway). I've gone to an amusement park and garden with my trusty Angel Purse in hand.

This summer we took our kids to Hawaii for the first time. We have a 16, 4 and 1 year. Yep a teenager, toddler and a baby...this trip was very special because we were celebrating our daughter turning 16, my husband turning 40 and the baby's first birthday. July is a very busy birthday month for our family. So we thought what could we do that everyone would enjoy and we decided everyone would have fun at a luau. Guess who loved it the most? If you guessed our little guy turning 1, you are right. He rocked his little shoulders side to side and clapped furiously for the drummers. It was hysterical!

now after leaving Hawaii we then took our 4 and 1 year to Indonesia to visit the in-laws. (our oldest had to get back for a volleyball camp) So after much debate I ended up using my LV Neverfull. I really wanted to bring my WTM but couldn't stand the thought of it getting crammed into the overhead bin. The canvas on the LV seemed a more durable option. I also brought a huge Vera Bradley weekender tote and used that as my diaper bag.

It was really hard not to bring a BE bag with me because I wanted to take some pics with the bags in all of the great places we were able to visit. But I needed every inch of suitcase space devoted to baby items. Sadly no room for "extra" handbags....maybe next time.

On another note, I was lucky enough to grab a pre-loved large hug me after we got home from the trip. On my next long vacation it is definitely going to be my go to bag. It's durable, will look great with any outfit, and has soo much room...

I can't wait to hear more "how I spent my summer vacation" stories:smile:

3846468983_aa1ed96340_m.jpg

Tan Adore Me went to Six Flags and quite enjoyed herself...

I spent my summer here in SD with my family hosting teams that came to help build bunkhouses, a shower house, a water slide and zip line for our developing summer camp. No trips, had to be here but it was so worth it! I used my Surprise Me off and on but typically grabbed an AP more often since it was so easy just to grab and go. I rotated a few other bags in here and there but lost interest in them all when the Clementine Hold Me arrived! Even my husband loves it and asks me often, "You're not selling that one, are you?" (He knows how fickle I am!) Nope, this one is a keeper!

This was the summer of Maia, and getting back to work as a working mom, so it was all about my taupe MMS - it hauled everything for both of us to and from home in great style, with room to spare for my daily yogurt (in a sealed ziploc, of course!).

In the fall i'm looking forward to getting re-acquainted with my dark grey SM, and my petrol glossy SMM!

This summer we took our kids to Hawaii for the first time. We have a 16, 4 and 1 year. Yep a teenager, toddler and a baby...this trip was very special because we were celebrating our daughter turning 16, my husband turning 40 and the baby's first birthday. July is a very busy birthday month for our family. So we thought what could we do that everyone would enjoy and we decided everyone would have fun at a luau. Guess who loved it the most? If you guessed our little guy turning 1, you are right. He rocked his little shoulders side to side and clapped furiously for the drummers. It was hysterical!

Rachael....that sounds exactly like our family.....we have a 13 year old, a 3 year old, and a 1 year old....periods and potty training here for us! Oh what a joy. Our summer bdays are also like that.....DS (7/1), DSD (8/1), DD (8/6), our anniversary (7/28) and my bday (8/25). So....we have busy summers as well. Next summer we will be celebrating most of these occasions in Hawaii as well. We normally go every year.

THIS summer, I have been with my 2 youngest children, alone, since DH has been on the other side of the country for 12 week training course. DSD was with her monster so that left me with the little guys!!! I have used my pewter crash WTM the most out of all my bags as I feel my other bags are more fall colors.

My reward for all of my solo work this summer is the dark purple pebbled glossy EM and hopefully a DPM HM. Next summer when we go to Maui I will be getting my first full size LV bag. I have decided on the Neverfull MM!!! (your comment about the overhead bin sealed the deal).

Rachael....that sounds exactly like our family.....we have a 13 year old, a 3 year old, and a 1 year old....periods and potty training here for us! Oh what a joy. Our summer bdays are also like that.....DS (7/1), DSD (8/1), DD (8/6), our anniversary (7/28) and my bday (8/25). So....we have busy summers as well. Next summer we will be celebrating most of these occasions in Hawaii as well. We normally go every year.

THIS summer, I have been with my 2 youngest children, alone, since DH has been on the other side of the country for 12 week training course. DSD was with her monster so that left me with the little guys!!! I have used my pewter crash WTM the most out of all my bags as I feel my other bags are more fall colors.

My reward for all of my solo work this summer is the dark purple pebbled glossy EM and hopefully a DPM HM. Next summer when we go to Maui I will be getting my first full size LV bag. I have decided on the Neverfull MM!!! (your comment about the overhead bin sealed the deal).

Hi i've been doing solo parenting too for the last 2+ weeks too as DH is away in Moscow; no vacations for me but lots of day trips to parks, nature reserves and anything to keep a 3.5 yr old and a 1 yr old amused, and me from going mad (so interspersed with lots of coffee breaks for me then!!). I've used my milk choc glossy TME midi as my daily tote bag as its more durable in case it rains, also occasionally Fuschia Stroke Me med, or Pewter TME midi as a grab and go bag.... I save the aubergine Sheen Love Me midi for days whn i only have my smallest girl with me, so less clutter and mess likely!

I love hearing about these vacations!

Rachael--what an amazing trip to take to Hawaii with your family; you are a bit fearless, too, traveling all that way with two little ones! Sounds wonderful!

This summer has been dominated by horseback riding for us. My DH qualified for nationals this year and so we spent endless days in the heat while she trained--she loved every minute but it was extremely time consuming. My trusty LM Midi was my trusty companion, toting Nintendo DSs and other enticements to keep siblings busy during these horse shows, which are a whole lotta 'hurry up and wait.' It was an amazing experience but a huge commitment for our entire family. We traveled to NM, which was a fun roadtrip, and enjoyed going to some of the local sights.

All our kids also love basketball so we had summer league, and I found my choco matte Hold Me was the perfect companion. I could keep water bottles and snacks (in a little mini cooler) inside my bag, and it was an easy bag to carry. It fits over my shoulder fine, which is important for me.

I was thinking that I really would love to have a pebbled leather style for those times when the weather isn't so great, but we've been so long without rain that I wonder how much use it would get!

Hi i've been doing solo parenting too for the last 2+ weeks too as DH is away in Moscow; no vacations for me but lots of day trips to parks, nature reserves and anything to keep a 3.5 yr old and a 1 yr old amused, and me from going mad (so interspersed with lots of coffee breaks for me then!!). I've used my milk choc glossy TME midi as my daily tote bag as its more durable in case it rains, also occasionally Fuschia Stroke Me med, or Pewter TME midi as a grab and go bag.... I save the aubergine Sheen Love Me midi for days whn i only have my smallest girl with me, so less clutter and mess likely!

I totally understand....we LIVE for our day trips. We are out in the morning, back for lunch and nap, and then back out in the afternoon! Fortunately for us we live in Orange County, CA, so we are frequently at the beach, Disneyland or baseball stadium!!!