How hot does it have to be outside to get a tan?

ilove$

O.G.
Aug 20, 2007
I'm not sure which section this should go in but yeah the title says it all. So, how hot does it have to be outside to get a tan? THANKS A MILLION!! =)

pidgeon92

O.G.
Feb 8, 2006
Chicago, IL
It does NOT have to be sunny. I was on a cruise several years ago, lying on deck on a very overcast day. I was burnt to a crisp a short while later.

HauteMama

O.G.
Sep 22, 2006
Temperature has nothing to do with it. Skiers get sunburned. It doesn't even need to be very sunny. As pidgeon92 pointed out, a person can easily get sunburned on a coudy or overcast day. Anytime there is light enough to see, there is the possibility of getting sunburned, although that risk is far lower in the north during the wintertime when the sun's rays are barely strong enough for a person to produce enough vitamin D.

ChristyR143

Really?
O.G.
Aug 7, 2007
Texas
Is this for real??

The temperature outside has nothing whatsoever to do with getting a tan. In fact, it doesn't even have to be sunny to get a tan. Those uv rays pass right through the clouds.

LouisLady

May 22, 2006
I am not a huge Sun fan! I tend to go out when the suns almost gone or when its dark. lol. I like to stay white. lol! (not kidding) ..and young longer. :smile: