"how her passion for designer Louboutin heels turned into a £70,000-a-year business"

racquel

Sofa King Banned
Apr 28, 2016
Just found this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-passion-Louboutins-70-000-year-business.html

Most of the time the shoes she sells are boxed and unworn, with their owners being given so many pairs by partners and husbands that they simply can't wear them all.

'It's hard to believe, but there are ladies out there with hundreds of pairs and many of them aren't even fussed,' Charlotte said.

Her aim was to allow women just like her the opportunity to be able to afford a pair of designer shoes without having to fork out for the huge price tag, which for many was unaffordable.
Charlotte said: 'A lot of the shoes are brand new, the ladies have been bought them as gifts and they don't fit or they don't like them.

'You'd be amazed, some women have huge collections and they never wear them.

'A lot of them are only past season and they're half the price.
'One of my main sellers, her husband worked in London and he'd bring her back Louboutins every weekend and she wasn't that bothered about them. She had hundreds of pairs so she just got rid of them all.

'I love helping people get a beautiful pair of shoes.'

!!!!

I hadn't heard of this phenomenon of new-in-box Loubies (wealthy owners), being unloaded for discount to a middle-woman seller.

Someone posted a while back that the "Louboutin hype was over". There used to be scalpers who bought the limited supply of Louboutin heels & scalped them on Ebay. These days, Loubies are HARD to sell, even new ones! I see lightly worn (e.g. 3 times) sold for like 40% off on Tradesy/Poshmark/Therealreal..even Ebay

Most of my Loubies are bought 40% off (discounts at retailers like Barneys/Neiman Marcus/Saks & Loubie boutiques), or lightly-used from Ebay.

"The best shoe is the one that is worn the most"

My staple was the pre-2013 (classic) Pigalle 120..I have several pair. LOVE them, simple & effective.

I have a narrow playlist of fave Loubies (e.g. short-toe 120 heels like Pigalle 120, Pigalle Follies 120, Hot Chick 130), & I only buy them & similar non-platform 5" heels. My current "goto shoe" is Hot Chick 130 (see Stilly's Hot Chick 1 week challenge), & I find other shoes simply don't get worn. I'm considering selling some of them

Sometimes a tight budget is good (VS an unlimited budget), it forces you to be SELECTIVE. Otherwise, you can end up with a HUGE collection of shoes..many of which don't get worn.

Just found this:

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/femail/...-passion-Louboutins-70-000-year-business.html

!!!!

I hadn't heard of this phenomenon of new-in-box Loubies (wealthy owners), being unloaded for discount to a middle-woman seller.

Someone posted a while back that the "Louboutin hype was over". There used to be scalpers who bought the limited supply of Louboutin heels & scalped them on Ebay. These days, Loubies are HARD to sell, even new ones! I see lightly worn (e.g. 3 times) sold for like 40% off on Tradesy/Poshmark/Therealreal..even Ebay

Most of my Loubies are bought 40% off (discounts at retailers like Barneys/Neiman Marcus/Saks & Loubie boutiques), or lightly-used from Ebay.

"The best shoe is the one that is worn the most"

My staple was the pre-2013 (classic) Pigalle 120..I have several pair. LOVE them, simple & effective.

I have a narrow playlist of fave Loubies (e.g. short-toe 120 heels like Pigalle 120, Pigalle Follies 120, Hot Chick 130), & I only buy them & similar non-platform 5" heels. My current "goto shoe" is Hot Chick 130 (see Stilly's Hot Chick 1 week challenge), & I find other shoes simply don't get worn. I'm considering selling some of them

Sometimes a tight budget is good (VS an unlimited budget), it forces you to be SELECTIVE. Otherwise, you can end up with a HUGE collection of shoes..many of which don't get worn.
Do you know where is a good place to get them brand new on sale in the UK?

I want the black suede pigalle follies 100mm

Yeahhh i’ve seen pigalles in black and nude on sale for 20% off on a European website (matches???) over singles day. I was very surprised classic styles can be one sale! The selection styles was small though.