How durable is jacquard fabric?

abl13

O.G.
Mar 9, 2012
I'm considering getting the jacquard Carlyle from Bloomingdales since today is the last day for 25% off. All of my bags are leather or coated canvas and I haven't seen this bag in person. What are your experiences with jacquard? Will it stand the test of time? I am trying to build my collection now with mostly pieces that I am planning on keeping for a long time.

In my experience, the fabric bags are very sturdy. I had a black/silver sateen siggy Poppy Jazzy that I carried for two years straight before the fabric on the back where it rubbed against my side began to wear.

Although I haven't see that particular Carlyle in person, it looks like the bottom and sides are leather, so just the front and back panels are fabric. Pretty bag!

I'm considering getting the jacquard Carlyle from Bloomingdales since today is the last day for 25% off. All of my bags are leather or coated canvas and I haven't seen this bag in person. What are your experiences with jacquard? Will it stand the test of time? I am trying to build my collection now with mostly pieces that I am planning on keeping for a long time.

Did you get it? It is a beautiful bag. I am considering getting it, or one of the leather versions. If you did purchase the jacquard, please let us know your impression of it in person and what you think of the durability. TIA! :smile:

Thanks everyone! I didn't end up ordering it this time. I don't have a Bloomingdale's near me and I'm too worried to buy without seeing in person first. Hopefully someone will post a reveal soon!