How does paypal determine who is lying?

It is possible that the perfume can leak out, especially the dropper style bottles. It's more unlikely with a sealed spray bottle though. Which was it?
Although it is entirely possible that a shady buyer would swap an empty bottle for a new one. Tough call.

Last edited:
Wow, I would never image that someone can give you the empty half back.... Because it is not leaking, not broken.... how come it can came with half bottle?

I bought 4 bottle of Biosilk 1000ml on Ebay for last year. The seller shipped it to me without taped in the cap. Plus, she ship in a medium flat rate for 4 bottle, It is really heavy. When I've got the package, not only one bottle leaking but 2, but it was so dirty and the box turned so soft to break.

I was get mad at her alot because she didn't packed it carefuly, I took so several photo from the outside to inside of the box, so she can see how it was leaking.

To be fair... so I filled up one bottle to see how much left for second bottle, it was half of bottle. I bought it for $20/each , so I told her to refund to me $10 as it is fair, I sent to her so many photo too. But she declined my inquiry... and accused me I am a liar...

Well it's only $20 for bottle, soI just decided to left a negative feedback and never asked her again for $10.

Then she came back and call me as b***/ cheapo. :smile:

Wow, I would never image that someone can give you the empty half back.... Because it is not leaking, not broken.... how come it can came with half bottle?

I bought 4 bottle of Biosilk 1000ml on Ebay for last year. The seller shipped it to me without taped in the cap. Plus, she ship in a medium flat rate for 4 bottle, It is really heavy. When I've got the package, not only one bottle leaking but 2, but it was so dirty and the box turned so soft to break.

I was get mad at her alot because she didn't packed it carefuly, I took so several photo from the outside to inside of the box, so she can see how it was leaking.

To be fair... so I filled up one bottle to see how much left for second bottle, it was half of bottle. I bought it for $20/each , so I told her to refund to me $10 as it is fair, I sent to her so many photo too. But she declined my inquiry... and accused me I am a liar...

Well it's only $20 for bottle, soI just decided to left a negative feedback and never asked her again for $10.

Wow. What an experience.

Wow, but then I guess it is a risk when one buys things on Ebay, that is why I am very skeptical when buying things on Ebay or any place online. Hope you won't have to experience something like that again.

It seems the buyer is always right. which isnt fair, because I am sure there are people that take advantage of this tactic.

I assume paypal keeps some kind of track of how often a buyer uses these practices... and eventually nixes it. But in the meantime we the sellers don't get our money back.

Unfortunately, I think Paypal flips a coin, however both sides of the coin say "the buyer wins."
Sorry this happened to you, OP.