How do you treat your bags?

I'm super, super careful with them. They are all stored in dustbags always. I won't use LV in the rain, and I also watch where I set them down. I've done pretty well "recycling" my bags on Ebay b/c they always look great!

I use and abuse my everyday bags. I used to be REALLY anal and would never put them anywhere except on my lap, but now I've loosened up quite a bit. I've put my longchamp on the floor and Prada and Fendi on chairs and tables. Speaking of which, my Fendi's lying out in the open right now because I was too lazy to put it in the dustbag.

But the rest of the bags, they just get stored and never see the light of day because I'm paranoid they're gonna get ruined.

I'm religiously careful and treat my bags with leather protector before I use them. And they never, ever touch the floor.

I use them all the time, but put the best ones into the dust bag if I'm not using them.

My husband knows how careful I am with my bags--one day it was raining really hard, and he immediately offered to help protect "my precious" with his jacket! :love:

Like mostly everyone here, I take very good care of my bags. I don't use them right away when I buy them. I'm a SAHM so I'm usually taking my son to school, my other son to Gymboree ... basically not the right time to use my nice bags. So I break my bag in when we go somewhere nice. Alot of my bags still look brand new, for instance the patina on the handles of my LV cerise speedy still haven't changed color and I bought it in Jan' 05.

I always wipe down and sometimes condition it (if it looks like it needs it) before I put it back in the dustbag. All my bags are lined up in a row on the top shelf on my closet, which I hate sometimes because it lets my DH know exactly how many bags I have.:shame:

pursemama said:
I showed your quote to my husband,... it's proof that there are fanatics out there like me!! :lol: That's a good idea to place the website pic too. By the way, my husband asked me what is this number next to the purse pic and I just said...oh, it's just a item code....I didn't have the nerve to tell him it was the price of the handbag!

A catalog is a really good idea...I might have to implement a catalog project for myself. Smart, very smart!

I definatly use my bags!!
I store the most expensive of them in their dustbags and are hung in my closet ... the rest just go on the shelves above ... I am not really a freak about them .. I know I am not that careful so I dont take them out if I know that I wont be able to keep them clean ...

I use all my bags and also put them in the dust bags. I even have my some of my used old designer bags (like 10, 15 years ago) still in dust cover in my closet. I do take good care of my bags because I love them.

I am the worst when it comes to using my bags. Why?
Because I don't use them like it deserves to be use!
I find that the more I like the bag the less I want to use them because I want to preserve it in the most pristine condition possible. Isn't that horrible??

I used to store all my bags in their dustbags and box pile up top in my closet, but I find that its hard to locate a purse in the morning when I am always running late. So recently I made dh put in some shelves and I took them out of their dustbags and line them up hoping I will have no excuse NOT to use them.

I have bags in my closet that I have purchase over a year ago still in wraps and tags. *sigh*

I got a cute Bulaggi bag on saturday (only my second designer bag purshase) and I left it sitting on my bed. I hubby wanted to get into bed and moved the bag onto the floor and I couldn't believe the slight panic feeling I felt! Only I'm allowed to touch it.. right? lol

PS. And as for using them, sure I do! They aren't china dolls in a cabinet collecting dust, they are to be worn!

I definitely am with you guys that immediately use a handbag once it's bought, my problem is that then the retired handbag is never used again. I have some handbags I've only worn for a very short time. One bag I bought on ebay I never used, and probably never will. When I get tired of the bag I'm using, I buy a new bag and use the old ones just sit in the closet. Anyone else have this problem?
PS: My husband bought a coat rack for me to display my purses on...

I have some fendi baguettes that haven't been out yet, they are just waiting their turn. I treat them all with kindness and respect. I keep them stuffed with tissue paper to maintain their shape and keep them in their appropriate dustbags.
If I get one without a dustbag, ie from ebay, I actually order a dustbag or use clean pillowcases until they have their own dustbag.
Yes, that is weird, but I love them too much.

I definitely am with you guys that immediately use a handbag once it's bought, my problem is that then the retired handbag is never used again. I have some handbags I've only worn for a very short time. One bag I bought on ebay I never used, and probably never will. When I get tired of the bag I'm using, I buy a new bag and use the old ones just sit in the closet. Anyone else have this problem?
PS: My husband bought a coat rack for me to display my purses on...