How do you store your keys inside your purse?

christie

May 28, 2006
Hi everyone,

I was wondering if you all leave your keys at the bottom of your bags? I notice a lot of you have these nice light colored accessories in your bags and wondering if the keys dirty your light colored stuff? My wallet is dark so I don't notice anything.

It depends on the bag I'm using. My LV Denim Speedy f.e. has this great zipper pocket on the front. I keep my keys in there - so they don't scratch anything AND I find them easily. I usually try to keep my keys away from the rest of my stuff, mainly because I don't want anything to be scratched.
I'm thinking about getting a small accessory where I can put my keys in...

Well I usually have so much junk overflowing out of my purse that when I throw my keys in there they cant even sink to the bottom LOL But my wallet is dark colored anyways and if I'm using a bright colored purse I make sure to wipe off my keys just in case.

i keep mine in a wapity. i have sharp ass keys and they have in the past teared a hole in the lining of my bags. mostly the ones with nylon linings.

I never really thought about my keys damaging the inside of my bags. I tend to just toss them in with the rest of my stuff. Sometimes when I am thinking ahead I will put them in an inside or outside pocket. The inside of most of my bags seem to be made out of a fairly sturdy material so I havent noticed any damage. I think putting them in a small pouch would be cute but too much of a hassle for me to get them out of. This is faulty reasoning on my end though because I know that spending ten minuted digging around the inside of my bag cant the easiest.

i have a key holder, so my keys don't dirty the inside of the bag. i usually just put it in the bottom of the bag, because most of my bags don't have enough pockets for my keys anyway.

In the summer (when I don't have a full set of school keys (I'm a teacher) I usually keep my house and car key on a mini skinny so they go inside it (my car key also folds inside itself). However, quite often I lazily just throw them in with the mini skinny attached. My other rarely used keys (safe deposit box, storage unit, etc. are in the glove box of my car) I am thinking about trying to find a small pouch for my school keys this year because they do mess up a purse. Maybe even one of those silk fabric "pockets" like they have at Cost Plus or Pier One?

i have a key chain from Hayden Harnett that I really like

I just clip mine to my bag or to me. I know you can find this style in other designers. my brother has a coach that is very similar.