How do you store your Chanel Handbags?

Hi guys just want to ask a help.. I noticed my bag is leaning forward or bowing down? It is more than 3 years. Is it expected to happen to jumbo? Can I do something to revert it or stop it atleast. Thank you so much!201707071501855670.jpeg

Hi guys just want to ask a help.. I noticed my bag is leaning forward or bowing down? It is more than 3 years. Is it expected to happen to jumbo? Can I do something to revert it or stop it atleast. Thank you so much!View attachment 3756142

Do you store it with tissue/stuffing when not in use? If not then I would do so, when all my bags are not and you say are always stuffed and sitting upright in the closet. If it's in constant use it may just be from wear. I'm not sure if this would help but I would try putting a bag of rice in it to see if it would help it stand straight up again, maybe do this for a week to two weeks and see if that helps.

Hi, I will like to know if anyone of us have difficulty storing your chanel bags?

I have this phobia of the boy thick chain collapsing on the top of the bag while in storage which will somehow flatten the top of the bag?

Hi guys, im kind of new to Chanel and bought a chanel jumbo this year. I am so scared if I am storing it properly.. Im afraid to have any kinds of dents and losing its shape.
Please please give me your opinion on how I store my jumbo.
1. I Stuffed the bag with tissue paper and put felts in the flap..
Then.. here is how I store the chain

I use a velcro to put the chains together
View attachment 3532997

I put the chains inside my extra LV dustbag
View attachment 3532998

Then I placed an empty box at the back of the bag and laid the chains on top if it
View attachment 3532999

Then i wrapped the exposed chains with tissue paper
View attachment 3533000

View attachment 3533002

All your suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you so much.ladies.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PurseForum mobile app

Has anyone found the best way to store their boy bag?
@jackosabel - Wow! That is a lot of care for your bag babies. :smile: Very creative.

I'm pretty picky about my bags but I love seeing them out so no dust bags for me. I never get dust on my bags so I don't see the need. :shrugs: I arrange all my bags (and clothes) by ROYGBIV rainbow color order. For sake of illustration. I took a picture of my beige / grey / metallics shelf.
IMG_6951.jpg
I store my bags upright and stuff them with old clothes - lightly enough not to stretch but fully enough to keep the shape. Then I put the chains inside the bags so they don't make an indent on top. I don't pull the chains too tightly because I also don't want an indentation on the edges.

I use a protector in between the top flap and the body to protect against indentation.
IMG_6949.jpg
@elise_chua & @hautestuffx - I actually think the boy bag chain is the easiest to store because the connectors are on the side of the flap vs. coming out of holes on top of the flap like the classic. You can see how I store my chains in this photo of my gold Boy. :smile:IMG_6950.jpg

@jackosabel - Wow! That is a lot of care for your bag babies. :smile: Very creative.

I'm pretty picky about my bags but I love seeing them out so no dust bags for me. I never get dust on my bags so I don't see the need. :shrugs: I arrange all my bags (and clothes) by ROYGBIV rainbow color order. For sake of illustration. I took a picture of my beige / grey / metallics shelf.
View attachment 3756682
I store my bags upright and stuff them with old clothes - lightly enough not to stretch but fully enough to keep the shape. Then I put the chains inside the bags so they don't make an indent on top. I don't pull the chains too tightly because I also don't want an indentation on the edges.

I use a protector in between the top flap and the body to protect against indentation.
View attachment 3756680
@elise_chua & @hautestuffx - I actually think the boy bag chain is the easiest to store because the connectors are on the side of the flap vs. coming out of holes on top of the flap like the classic. You can see how I store my chains in this photo of my gold Boy. :smile:View attachment 3756681

Love how you display your beauties! :smile:

Hi guys just want to ask a help.. I noticed my bag is leaning forward or bowing down? It is more than 3 years. Is it expected to happen to jumbo? Can I do something to revert it or stop it atleast. Thank you so much!View attachment 3756142
how did you store it? did you put the chain in front? it should not look like that if you store it properly and it's common for the classic bag to hunch forward if not stored properly. i'm not sure if you could reverse that. i store mine with the strap hung above it and don't forget to stuff it too. it is a challenge to store the classic's chain the right way.

Hi guys, im kind of new to Chanel and bought a chanel jumbo this year. I am so scared if I am storing it properly.. Im afraid to have any kinds of dents and losing its shape.
Please please give me your opinion on how I store my jumbo.
1. I Stuffed the bag with tissue paper and put felts in the flap..
Then.. here is how I store the chain

I use a velcro to put the chains together
View attachment 3532997

I put the chains inside my extra LV dustbag
View attachment 3532998

Then I placed an empty box at the back of the bag and laid the chains on top if it
View attachment 3532999

Then i wrapped the exposed chains with tissue paper
View attachment 3533000

View attachment 3533002

All your suggestions are very much appreciated. Thank you so much.ladies.

Sent from my SM-G935F using PurseForum mobile app
love seeing others put extra effort storing their bags. reminding me i'm not the only one ;D. i used to think i'm so crazy doing all this stuff to store a bag BUT when i see those bags still look brand new with the nicely supported structure, that's all that matters. it's not a nice sight though if you open my wardrobe with bits and pieces hanging to support the structure of the bag ;p

Hi mmaya,

I just manage to google this.. I think this will work well?
Planning to customize this Velcro wrap..
Chanel SA mention not to store the bags in the box as we need to let the leather "breathe"?
And also to store it leaving on its back instead of upright for the fear of the sides sagging down.
Is she right?
View attachment 3481964
i do mine similar to this with the velcro being a fridge handle cover :biggrin: cheaper and softer in satin material lolz.

I personally don't wrap the chains. Just put the bag inside the dust bag and in the box so that nothing is pressing against the bag. It'll keep the shape nicely and the chains won't press agains the soft leather.

I personally don't wrap the chains. Just put the bag inside the dust bag and in the box so that nothing is pressing against the bag. It'll keep the shape nicely and the chains won't press agains the soft leather.
I've read multiple posts that said the bag shouldn't be stored long term in the box because the leather needs to breathe. Chanel can store the bags in the box short term because they aren't keeping the bags in the boxes for years on end. But we consumers may / will.

Just sharing this in case it's true. :flowers: I wouldn't want your babies to develop any issues.

Reactions: MahaM and luvobol
I'm nervous now because I store my Chanels in their boxes especially since I do not want to throw out the boxes. Is it best to just store it outside the box and in their dust bags? I always put packing in my bags to keep it to form. What do you guys do with the boxes??

I'm nervous now because I store my Chanels in their boxes especially since I do not want to throw out the boxes. Is it best to just store it outside the box and in their dust bags? I always put packing in my bags to keep it to form. What do you guys do with the boxes??
I'm no expert, but I red many times here on purseforum, that you shouldn't keep them in the boxes to prevent mould and to let them breath.
I don't have that many boxes to keep, but I like to display them in my closet.
full

full

I purchased a display cabinet (just from Ikea :smile: ) and have added lights to it - i honestly feel like I have my own tiny little chanel boutique when I am sitting in our bedroom - it is so nice to see them displayed and the glass is fully enclosed so it protects them from dust :tup:

This is gorgeous!! May I ask what the name of the unit is called and the price? Thanks for sharing :smile:

Reactions: chloe-babe