Home & Garden How do you remove pen marks from walls?

spylove22

O.G.
Jun 29, 2006
So my kids have ruined my walls with pens, markers, pencils, crayons, you name it. I tried to clean it with Mr. Clean magic eraser but it doesn't work, any suggestions?

No, I don't have the paint. Plus it's way too many places to even begin to repaint and with the fumes and all, it's not practical right now to paint. I was hoping there was some kind of cleaner that took marks off.

I hope that works for you! Maybe get your husband to do it while you take the kids out for a day? I would keep them away from the area while you are trying to clean the marks off because the fumes won't be good for little ones.

Use powdered Oxy Clean made into a paste. Appy, let sit for a bit (15 or so minutes) and wash off.

If it can clean the accidents my 120 pound dog makes, it can clean a wall.

PS, make the kids help you, that'll show them the consequences to using walls instead of paper. ;)

my youngest son went through a faze were he wrote all over every thing that stood still. magic erasers worked for me, but the scrubbing did take some elbow grease...plus we had that popcorn texture on the walls..i hate that stuff!!

i hope you find something that gets it off GL!