How do you price selling your worn CLs?

mrsinsyder

O.G.
Mar 8, 2013
I have two pair of Pigalle Follies that are worn; the soles show wear but besides that, they're totally fine. How do y'all price your shoes when you're looking to sell them used? I feel like the red wears off so quickly that they look more worn than they are, but I know the buyer could always have them resoled and have an almost new shoe.

I look at what has sold in the recent few months and what condition they are in....also, having original box, storage bag helps, for me, when shopping, if I see rubber soles, I stay away, also stay away from dishonest sellers like calling pigalle follies the so kates, etc....previously worn shoes need to priced right...some sellers think a shoe is worth more because they wore them....not sure what they are thinking...

Reactions: mrsinsyder
I look at what has sold in the recent few months and what condition they are in....also, having original box, storage bag helps, for me, when shopping, if I see rubber soles, I stay away, also stay away from dishonest sellers like calling pigalle follies the so kates, etc....previously worn shoes need to priced right...some sellers think a shoe is worth more because they wore them....not sure what they are thinking...

why do you stay away from loubs that have been resoled with rubber soles?

why do you stay away from loubs that have been resoled with rubber soles?
It hides the true amount of wear.....they often make it sound like they are doing the buyer a huge favor by putting on the soles, but it will hide how worn the shoes really are......also, .I am one of the louboutin fans that do not like the feel of the rubber soles and would prefer to allow the soles to wear off naturally anyway.....

Agreed, I check similar listings and go off of that. Personally I don’t mind if they’ve had rubber added, saves me time and money because I prefer them for comfort and longevity.