How do you know if your Chanel bag was a RETURNED item?

cutebobo

Oct 3, 2006
[B[/B][/B][/B][/B][/B]I'm waiting for my bag from different state and what if it's a returned item???

Is there a way to tell if it's a returned item???

How do you guys tell when you purchase your chanel from different state where you don't get to choose/see before???

Last edited:
it depends where it's coming from. if it's coming from a boutique, you might not be able to tell because they have a pretty strict return policy and i would think they would reject a bag if it showed any signs of wear. on the other hand, if it's coming from a department store with a relatively lax return policy (neimans, nordstrom, saks), then all bets are off. you can ask the SA if it was a return (i think they can see a bag's history) and to make sure it doesn't show any signs of wear but unless you trust your SA, you never know. i was looking at a bag at the chanel in my neimans and was a little surprised to find a penny in the zip pocket (also the tag had been cut off which is a pretty good sign that it was a return). what surprised me even more was the SA didn't seem to care. if it's an older style from a department store, it's a pretty good bet that it's a return. i don't have a problem with a returned bag per se -- only that it not show any signs of wear (and realistically, new bags that have been sitting on the shelf or that have been handled a lot sometimes look worse).

as for purchasing bags sight unseen, you take the risk that it's not in the shape you want or is not of the best quality (yes, even at these prices you can get a shoddily made bag). but if there is something wrong with the bag, the store should be willing to take it back.

there's not a marking or anything they do w/ a return. . . you'll just KNOW when you see it.
Don't worry, compared to the number of purchases sight unseen there's very few problems. If there is one, it'll be resolved.

Good luck!

That's why I prefer to walk in to the boutique or store to buy it myself. If the boutique have to do a charge send from another boutique, I ask the SA to ship it directly to my local boutique so I can examine the bag. If it's not an acceptable condition (to me it's defined as sign of wear or has scratches), I do a return transaction right away before stepping out of the boutique.

[B[/b][/b][/b][/b][/b]I'm waiting for my bag from different state and what if it's a returned item???

Is there a way to tell if it's a returned item???

How do you guys tell when you purchase your chanel from different state where you don't get to choose/see before???

I think most importantly you should make sure your bag is all fine when you get it - clean looking, no loose stitching, no sign of creases or wear, no smell (except that leathery musk of a new bag), no stray penny or pencils or hair or animal fur or lip stick prints (some tpfers had their "new" bags in such condition). If it passes this inspection, it'd be good to treat it as brand new instead of wondering if it ever were a return and worrying out wrinkles. That said, if you find anything unsatisfactory with the bag you should call up the shop, do a return and get the replacement sent to your local boutique so you can inspect it for yourself.

I actually went into the store and sort of looked at it but didn't inspect the corners or anything. When I got home, I realized there were no tags attached and the corner was very slightly worn which pissed me off like no other considering it is a bag I paid over $1000 for. You can tell if it is pristine stiff caviar or softer worn leather.

when some of them dont have tags i guess, i think is kinda hard some people return bags with tags and you can barely noticed and sometimes you do, you probably gonna see when you see it!!

^ W, where have you been i miss u!!

You will find rips, wrinkles, funky smell, in other words something will smell funky and look weird lol hopefully it wont.. but i got sent a returned item before and it was very sad, but i got my refund and that was that, no worries..

This is one thing I was thinking about. I just had a SA order my first Chanel-Jumbo caviar from another Saks today. I'm supposed to be receiving it Friday-I'll post pics for you experts to see to make sure it's flawless :smile:

I don't think there is really a way to tell if your item is a returned item or not. I just look over the bag to make sure that its in acceptable condition for me!

I thought one of mine was a returned bag, but I couldn't prove it. It looked fine in every way, but it was just a feeling I had, lol.

I spoke with my SA about it a few weeks later and she confirmed it was a returned bag but the sale and return took place within 48 hours. It had been shipped from another store (it was and still is a rare bag) and was picked up by the woman's husband. She brought it back the following Saturday morning as it was too large for her (it is a big bag). Maybe she wore it out Friday night, maybe just around the house. Funny though, the vibes I got from that bag were right on, lol.

No regrets as it's a great bag.

Sight unseen, ithe only thing you can do is examine it carefully when you receive it. If there's anything wrong, or you feel something isn't right, return it.

That's why I love buying at Hirshleifers. The return policy is very strict, so there is really no way you are getting a return or 'manhandled' bag. If you know what you want and not prone to buyer remorse it's the best. Every bag I got from there has been perfect & pristine and no problems at all.