How do you keep scarf knots on side of neck?

MYH

O.G.
Nov 28, 2012
Hi everyone-I was wondering how to keep a 90cm scarf that I've tied in a knot or a bow to the side of my neck? I like the off-centered look but inevitably, the knot or bow falls to the middle of my neck and it no longer has the "look" I'm going for. The only solution I can think of is to tie the scarf tighter around my neck but I think that feels uncomfortable. Has anyone else encountered this problem and do you have a solution?:jrs::search::search:

I'm also a fan of an offset knot and find repositioning it every 5 minutes works best!

Joking apart --- if you have a scarf ring it may be possible to attach the two together somehow.
Or, what about trying tapes sewn into the inside shoulders [ a lot of tops seem to have these , never known why] maybe that would work .

If no-one is able to help maybe MaiTai would take up the challenge: she is very clever in these things.

Last edited:
Wear it over a polo-neck or other high-neck jumper (sweater) or shirt.

I ye olden days, ladies used to pin them with a brooch (but I dare say you will not want to do that to your H silks)

Just found this one in my archives , and in this tie a 90cm does stay put !

Attachments

• IMG_5548 Le Temps de Marionnettes.JPG
    IMG_5548 Le Temps de Marionnettes.JPG
    59.5 KB · Views: 733
I had this problem as well and some double sided fashion tape works wonders!!!

This is what I use but I think there are other brands as well:
http://bristols6.com/stylin-tape-do...tape-double-stick-fashion-tape-hollywood.html

Helps keep it stay put like this...
806049AC-D8A3-40CB-A653-58B53E831B8F-26063-000014F3CCC27C89_zpsd4c7d424.jpg

I have wondered this myself! I tried using a snap on hair clip to clip it to the collar of my blouse and hidden under the folds of the scarf. It worked short term but isn't a good all-day solution.

I have wondered this myself! I tried using a snap on hair clip to clip it to the collar of my blouse and hidden under the folds of the scarf. It worked short term but isn't a good all-day solution.
It's so hilarious you said this because in a moment of desperation, I grabbed a paperclip and also did the same thing! I agree with you...short term solution.

I will get some double stick tape as Carlinha suggested and give it a shot.

3 ways:
- One corner (tail) of the knot must be placed behind your shoulder
- A metal ring to balance weight on the other opposite side of the knot (on your shoulder or behind your your back)
- Slide the scarf fabric into underneath your shirt collar (behind your head).

I'm protective about my scarves, so absolutely no jewelry, tape (will hurt the silk dye and white silk in the long run. Value of store display scarves are less for this reason), or rough/sharp pins anywhere near it. Flat and coated bobbie pins are fine, though.

3 ways:
- One corner (tail) of the knot must be placed behind your shoulder
- A metal ring to balance weight on the other opposite side of the knot (on your shoulder or behind your your back)
- Slide the scarf fabric into underneath your shirt collar (behind your head).

I'm protective about my scarves, so absolutely no jewelry, tape (will hurt the silk dye and white silk in the long run. Value of store display scarves are less for this reason), or rough/sharp pins anywhere near it. Flat and coated bobbie pins are fine, though.

that's good to know, thanks for the info chestnutty! i am very new to this silk/shawl game having only started a few months ago, so i am definitely still learning!