How do you feel about purchasing Rose gold, is it just a fad?

Personally I prefer Rose/Pink gold to yellow gold. Piink gold has been around for a long time. I have some beautiful vintage pieces in pink gold and platinum. I find that it is more refined and quieter than yellow gold. That being said I do have both. My yellow gold purchases tend to be textured or matte. My favorite piece of jewelry of all time --which I wear every day--is my Hermes Chaine D'ancre in Rose Gold.

I think all golds go through trends... yellow gold strongly, then white metals, then pink and rose golds and then sometimes mixed metal colors... look at Cartier's trinity line... all three together!

As long as you own your look and your accessories support your style rather than wearing you, it's all good.

I think, as many others have mentioned, that rose gold will never truly go out of style.
It will certainty become less popular than it is now, but as all things in the fashion world, it will become hugely popular again. If you like rose gold you should go for it!
I personally do not mix my metal colors and only wear silver or white gold pieces so I would never purchase rose gold.

I have a Victorian ring rose gold ring made in about 1880, so no I don't think it's a passing fad ;)

I do think whichever colour gold should be flattering to someone's skin-tone, never force it.

My birthday was last month, and one of the surprise gifts from my DH was an 18k rose gold Tiffany heart necklace. I've never owned any rose gold jewelry before, as I've always felt it didn't compliment my skin tone. However, this Tiffany rose gold doesn't look rose or pink at all, rather it looks more like 24k. It's a beautiful color, it looks very nice against my skin, it's a stylish piece, and I know I will wear it often.

Yellow gold does not complement my skin tone, so I love that rose gold gives me an alternative to the silver/platinum/other white metals I would otherwise be doomed to wear exclusively.

I think all golds go through trends... yellow gold strongly, then white metals, then pink and rose golds and then sometimes mixed metal colors... look at Cartier's trinity line... all three together!

As long as you own your look and your accessories support your style rather than wearing you, it's all good.
I agree. Everything comes and goes.

I absolutely adore rose gold :heart::love::heart::love:

I have bracelets, a watch, earrings, and rings all in rose gold, I like my outfit/gold colour to match so I would wear all rose gold items and not mix and match yellow with rose because my personal opinion is that I don't think it looks nice.

Most of mine is antique or vintage - the oldest being a hinged bangle, from 130 years ago and is one of my faves - but do have some modern pieces, the more modern pieces have less copper than the older ones and that seems to be how it's done, shame for me because I like a larger quantity because it has a warm and richer tone.
I think the modern versus classic depends on the item it's made into, I think the design of it depends on how it's seen re: that kind of thing.

I do think that tanned and olive skin tones look the best wearing it, I have a mid olive skintone and love the way it looks, not so convinced it would look good on very pale/English rose tones ...... but until it's seen I can't really tell.

Rose gold lovers unite :P

i don't really keep up with trends, and don't really believe in "fads" (except for diets, haha)
i like what i like, i don't care what anyone says! i think you should go with what you like, what suits your skin tone, what you find flattering. i personally love rose gold!

Personally I prefer Rose/Pink gold to yellow gold. Piink gold has been around for a long time. I have some beautiful vintage pieces in pink gold and platinum. I find that it is more refined and quieter than yellow gold. That being said I do have both. My yellow gold purchases tend to be textured or matte. My favorite piece of jewelry of all time --which I wear every day--is my Hermes Chaine D'ancre in Rose Gold.
I agree completely. Also, I am very pale with blue undertones to my skin and get lots of compliments when I wear rose gold, so I think it complements various skin tones. I actually don't like yellow gold at all, so all my pieces are mixed white and rose except some handbag hardware.

Lots of good comments here.
I've noticed that the rose gold i purchased years ago is a much deeper color and now they have different tones. I love the very light rose gold so that would be my choice. I don't think the rose gold would look very good on warmer toned skin but like others I have blue undertones which are cool and looks nice with my skin and like someone else said, looks great with a tan.