How do you feel about purchasing Rose gold, is it just a fad?

Docjeun

Sep 15, 2012
Years ago when it first became popular I did purchase quite a few pieces but have found that I rarely wore them and stopped all together after a short time so I sold them.
I never thought I would even consider it but I've been looking and it has grown on me again. I'm thinking of starting a new collection which to start with includes a very expensive watch, I'm on the fence about. I'm just not sure if this will be worth it.
Can I have opinions, either from people that have purchased and opinions from those who have not.

Great question! I don't really know myself tbh. A year ago I bought the cartier love bangle in PG. I'm actually starting to regret it. I wished I bought it in YG. I had bought the love ring and a necklace all in PG but I'm starting to think I should of bought it in YG. But in saying that the cartier PG is really subtle and pretty. It all depends of the lighting. I went to the Cartier boutique last week to purchase another love ring with diamond in YG and the SA thought my love bangle was YG.

I'm interested how other people feel about rose / PG.

I love rose gold and have for years - long before it became popular again! I have the Cartier trinity ring and a few other random pieces with rose (key necklace, etc.)- including a very old bangle that was my grandmother's friend's - probably 75 yrs or older! Love it.....

I love my RG pieces and I look forward to adding more RG pieces to my Tiffany collection. I think if you love it on you, get it and don't think too much if it is in or not. I personally like having platinum, WG, YG and RG in my jewelry collection because you have so many options.

I think it all depends. There are very old vintage pieces from when it was popular ages ago and now the more modern pieces now that the jewelry houses have re introduced it.
If rose gold best suits your skin tone and you love the piece that's what matters.
What I do feel is trendy ( not that it's a bad thing) are the rose gold over sized watches.

I don't think rose gold is trendy or out-of-date. it was once very popular and has become popular again. I think it will stay this time because more people wear jewelry than when it was around the first time and everyone likes to have their choices of gold depending on what they like and what goes with their skin tone. I have a rose gold ring and love it, it's a LeVian pink amethyst with chocolate diamonds and has an "estate" look about it.

I don't think it is a fad. I love how it can look so perfect paired with yellow gold and give just a bit of contrast. I will continue to look at pink/rose gold. Although yellow gold is my one and only true love. Hehe!

i got a Cartier RG love bangle about 3 years ago, and today it looks like YG. A tad pink hue to YG to be exact. For me its just right of a rose...not too pink. I find Hermes or Bvlgari a little too pink for me. Cartier RG is perfect after a little fade.

I like it by itself, but I think if it is over-decorated or combined (permanently) with other metal colors, it could be more trendy.

Anything more subtle will probably be classic.

I too love the Cartier RG. It's such a lovely subtle color that suits my skin tone. (I imagine some people might even think it's YG at first glance without a comparison. And that doesn't bother me at all.)
My Love is RG and I've collected quite a few peices since it became more available the last few years and I have some estate peices that I inherited. I wear other metals too and am just happy to be able to buy RG more easily at the moment. I'm sure the popularity will wane, but I don't buy fine jewelry to keep up with trends - I try to buy what suits me.
I didn't reset all my mother's WG from her peak of jewelry collecting, nor have I reset my grandmother's platinum peices, so I'll likely keep my RG and enjoy it.
You might think twice before re-buying if you didn't enjoy wearing it a few years ago. Maybe RG is just not your metal.

I really don't like rose gold, I guess I'm the only one with such a strong opinion! I find it doesn't suit my skin tone. also, sometimes rose gold can be mixed with copper as an alloy and I really hate that. my super sensitive skin could never deal with that.

While many people love the subtle type of rose gold, at a glance it often just looks "off" to my eye. Then again, I had a bad experience when I was about 12 and gifted a 10K gold ring. My skin does awful things to 10K gold (or anything plated), and turned the ring an odd shade of pink in fairly short order, so I might be biased. But I'm fairly old-school when it comes to jewelry in generally feeling that gold is yellow, platinum is white and that's that.

For me it blends in a little on my skin, i like the result with my tiffany dbty, especially in the sunlight. It's like a barely visible but shiny rosy chain with the sparkly diamond floating in the middle. I like it when i want a more discreet look.