How do you express yourself in an artistic way?

orderandlaw

Oct 6, 2006
Poetry...

And occasionally I'll try to write a song. I prefer playing them though. Lyrics that sound good are notoriously difficult to achieve for me.

How do you express yourself in an artistic way?

My clothing/accessories would be the most significant way. I play with chalk a lot, drawing all over my driveway, the street in front of my house, etc. It sounds really juvenile but it's a great outlet. I also like to express myself through cooking and on occasion, sewing. With sewing, I like to use bright colored fabric and random buttons and I make big bunny stuffed toys for kids in my family or to send to friends to cheer them up. Other than that, I love to rearrange and decorate my house. I have a lot of very strange pottery and glassware pieces, plus some unique paintings.

I used to be an art major; I'd been taking private classes since I was in elementary school to prepare me for college art. But art in college was so strict and boring. I became incredibly tired of drawing and painting, so I quit my major and found my own personal outlets, and became a much happier English major!

writing in any form.

I'd also say throwing outfits together and changing clothes I have for a different look (maybe just buttons, sometimes change a whole coat around by taking off the collar etc)

IN every way possible in the past; I used to draw a lot, play music, sing, act, dance, compose, through fashion.

Now I don't have that much time on my hands though, but I occasionally do stuff.

I'm one of those people who automaticallyinvolve myself when watching someone else being creative, I'm not comfortable just being an observer.

PHOTOSHOP!

I make siggys, invites, cards, digital layouts, etc etc

Examples (other then my siggy):

My DD....
year1.jpg

year2.jpg

One of 3 xmas cards I made/sent out last year:

06xmascard4.jpg

I have tried many things like making jewelry and painting, but I am artistically unblessed. My brother got all the talent, he can draw REALLY well. I stick to collecting tattoos as my expression of art... on my body!

So many ways!

I Love...

painting
creative writing; especially short stories and pems
decorating
wrapping the perfect gift
crafts
photography
designing and sewing clothes
drawing

I guess just about everything