How do you explain your designer bags?

He said something to the effect, "Do you really think because it says Italy it still wasn't produced by someone making pennies a day?"

It's more likely his jeans or his shoes were made by exploited workers than your designer handbag. But either way, anybody who wears clothing they didn't make themselves cannot act all self-righteous toward people carrying designer handbags. :rant:

Lack of information. Under these circumstances, a gentle imparting of knowledge may be the way to go.....after all, everyone can't be expected to know everything, and where information is lacking, good humoured teaching can't do any harm.

Exactly what I think:yes:

If someone is really asking why it's better to buy the real deal, I'll tell them about child labor and terrorism (try to educate them), but if someone is being snarky I'll just reply "Because I can I afford it."

I had a guy tease me before about my expensive tastes, I was so mad at him...turned out he liked me and teasing was the only way to get my attention...he did indeed become my bf.

Some people are just plain green with envy, let them express their disgust for all I care!! they are just envious deep inside.:yes:

I always have to defend my interest... I just say- why is it OK for people to collect cars or motorcycles? But I can't collect purses? Purses are cheaper and I use at least one of them every single day!

Well, at 54, of course I have accumulated a variety of bags over the years, so of course there are bound to be some "famous names" among the throng. But the ones I am enjoying most right now are my newer Inspired ones, so I'm not really called on to explain them. If one of them happens to be what goes with an outfit, I would dust it off and use it, and the explanation would be that it happened to go with the outfit.