How do you decide?

1. This is a thought process question. How do you decide on the bag that is IT and you must have.

I found recently that I rarely see a bag and know it right away. I either see something and have to think and ruminate (maybe that's because my tastes are getting more expensive and I can't be impulsive anymore). Or, and more interestingly, I find that I see bags that I kinda dislike and then they start to grow on me. Maybe I'm not ready to admit to the quirkiness of my taste.

I also have a strange preference for out-of-season bags. I hate when my passion is the IT bag. I'd rather not be carrying what the rest of the world has or what the rest of the world is coveting. I have a few bags that I love that I bought a year or so after they were the HOT bags.

Now, I just admitted to falling for bags that I initially disliked. I also posted in the previous thread that I don't like Spy bags. I truly believe I will stand by this one and NOT ever own a Spy! Of course, you folks are more than welcomed to catch me in my lie when I buy one....

Heather

2. That is very interesting that you "ruminate" over bags - I am the exact opposite. When I first see a bag I have to fall head over heels in love with its charm for me to even consider purchasing it. Then, I think about it a for a little while (or buy it right away depending how irresponsible I feel that day). If I still want it a few days later as badly as I wanted it when I first saw it, then there is no stopping me!

3. I tend to be more like Chemlex. I have to see it and want it right then, or else I may just move on. I have the problem of impulse buying (which I'm sure many of you have also), but I mean the kind of impulse buying where my credit card is treated merely like a piece of plastic. It was worse when I was younger, but I still am one of the worst impulse shoppers ever. When I was in Europe this summer, right after I bought my red paddy, Vlad had to hold me back from buying a Bottega bag next door. I need to work on it, that is for sure.

4. I am a bad impulse shopper ........I have been doin well lately but i was really bad at one point

5. I usually know it when I see a bag, although some just have to grow on me. I am usually drawn to bags I know i wont see on 3948394839843 other people. I'll usually just get the bag I want as long as its something I know I'll use at least a few times. I've purchased a few that haven't seen the light of day after they were boxed at the store lol.

6. I usually get the bag that draws me in. If I like a design I'll get it. :smile:

7. I know it when I see it, in store or in magazine.

8. Yes! I wander all over the store with my new possible bag just to see how it carries and how it looks and how it feels. Then I wait a day. I have to do this because I am such an impulse buyer, that this works for me and I love all my bags without reservations.

9. Oh, I am just like you, I ruminate... Then ask everybody what they think. Am currently in love with the miu miu coffee in light pink, but f&f think it's not really me. Now I don't know what to decide... Either a Chanel Half Moon Flap or a GST. I also really want a LV neverfull in Damier. Most of my bags are either brown or black, so I want something lighter. And am totally in love with this pastel season... I really like the Reed Krakkof boxer in coral. Decisions, decisions...

10. I started out as very impulsive, but once my closet got too full and my wallet too empty, I've learned to s l o w down. Now, it's normal for me to plan bag purchased a year or more ahead of time. The brands that churn out new models every 8 weeks and then sell the previous 8 weeks' bags at 50% off are off my radar these days. (grrrrr.) Coach, I'm talking about YOU!

11. I'll usually get a bag if I have the money, or it is a design/fabric/print that is unique. And if I know it is from an older line, I tend to get it when I see it, or I won't see it again...

12. Mostly every bag I've fallen for is expensive so I don't have the luxury of being impulsive. I will most likely see a celebrity wearing it and then check it out in the boutique and then if I still love it, after having tried it on numerous times to see how it hangs on me, and placed all my things in it, I will then leave it at the boutique and "sleep on it." If, when I awake, I can't stop thinking of the bag, I go for it! Also, I prefer buying a bag in person and not on line for that reason. I need to see how the bag fits me.

13. I will buy if I really like the look and It has to be well designed for my use:smile:

14. First off, a handbag has to "sing" to me, and then I try not to buy on the impulse. That's difficult when it's a very lovely purse!

If the bag is what I consider expensive ($500 and up), I have to see it in person if I haven't already. I touch it, try it on, and then tell the SA "Thank you; I'd like to think about it some more."

If I find I'm still obsessing that same day, I try to distract myself with some other non-purse activity. It's like I need to let the thought go to see if it's just a "purse crush" or genuine. If I'm still set on it a week or more later, I'll go see it again, and if possible with a friend, and then make the purchase. This seems to work best for me.

15. I do both methods- marinate and buy/see if like/if don't return. I have purchased bags that I really loved at first then kept it for a few days then decide to return. Or I see it and don't buy it right away and go purchase it. I have found though that the bags which I sometimes gave no consideration to are the ones that I later buy. It is a process- but I love it

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice