How do you deal with cheap boyfriends?

sparkles48 said:
Well, tonight is the night of my sorority formal and it's POURING rain and the boyfriend can't make it.

I think I may just suck up it and go by myself if the rain dies down in the next few hours. Hopefully it won't be too painful to see other couples dancing the night away while I'm hanging out with my Prada bag :cry: haha. Wish me luck ladies & I hope you all have an amazing Friday! :amuse:[/COLOR]

GO GO GO!! :biggrin:

I :love: :love: formals!! My sorority is having theirs tonight too. I way sad I am not in town to go. But, I have to say I have gone to a bunch with and without dates and I always have so much fun without dates!!! Because after a few drinks I tend to get really happy & excited to see all of my fabulous sisters looking so beautiful that I can't stay in one place; I want to go around and talk to everyone and I always hated/felt bad for having to drag a date around with me.

I had to leave school a little early due to my family's business; so I feel like I did not get to have as long of a time in sorority as I would have liked. But, go to your formal so you do not regret it later. I am sure that you will have fabulous time!! :biggrin:

Minnie said:
I think spending money and doing something sweet and being thoughul is two different things. You don't know need to spend a lot of money to be thoughtful. I think you should explain to him that you don't want him to spend a lot of money but they you DO APPRECTIATE sweet sentimental things. Maybe the poor guy doesn't realize thats the way you feel and if you are with him for the long run and he loves you he will try to make things more thoughtful.

minnie has anyone ever told you, you´d remind ehm of victoria beckham? if not, I will say it: you are beautfuuullll...much bttr then vic, thou...

and THAN KS god you are slim but nt skinny like her:smile:

back to the subject: call me edgy but I do appreciate a night with my boyfriend in our bed with pizza and a nice movie over the dinner thing....it´s just HIM nd me in bed, but in a restaurant I can´t be as intim as I´d like to.
I usually do celebrate my bday with my irls where we go out for dinner, shopping spa etc and another seperate one for just me and my boyfriend. this year it was a day in the museum oplus a wonderful picknick on a sunny day.....I am thankful I have him.

;)

How do (did since I'm married) w/cheap boyfriends? I didn't! Shape up or ship out! Thats not to say that I wanted them to buy me material things, b/c I could buy them for myself :biggrin: , but in my particular case they pretty much wanted to mooch off of me. NOT happening with this girl! Don't know if thats considered cheap or just bumish :lol:

No you're NOT being superficial. I would totally feel that way, too... If he didn't have money to spend, he could've done something really romantic and cheap. :sad:

Patpat! It's okay!

I agree with the clueless theory. Sometimes they just don't get it at all in regard to fashion. My husband won't even wear a watch. He is a total t-shirt and jean guy. Also, I don't think he would buy me a purse for a present. He knows I am really picky about purses and I don't think he would go there. Also, I know he thinks I just have too many.