How do we disinfect our handbags and wallets?

The best is to keep the nice bags at home. I switch to canvas bags and use Apple Pay most of the time to avoid taking my cardholder/ wallet in and out. Phone is cleaned daily using 75% alcohol and cardholder weekly. My cardholder / wallet are made in natural leather and seem alright with alcohol. Bags and jacket are aired the first thing home. Obviously use hand sanitizer often and not place my belongs on floor or surface I’m not comfortable with. I also bring along alcohol wipes and clean table before I eat or work on.

We’ve been paying extra attention to personal hygiene, wearing mask, avoid social gathering since Jan. Everyone does their part. Be vigilant not panic. This will be over

My goodness Allywchu1, you could just be my twin sister! ::biggrin:
I've been doing the same exact things - just in case, you know?
Awful times :sad:

Last edited:
Reactions: allywchu1
Good to know. I have a stash saved up. Luckily I am a natural born stockpiler so I had my stash of bleach, wipes, and sanitizers before the whole world realized they needed to disinfect their lives. lol
same. fomites, flush with lid down, wash hands for at least 15 seconds with soap, shower upon reaching home, do not touch public anything if possible, sneeze into tissue, wear a mask if sick (in Singapore before covid people felt "stupid" for doing that and now I HOPE they learn it is essential to not spread even "harmless" flu to others), disinfect phones nightly with an alcohol swab. for years no one took me seriously. i feel like that old guy in independence day (the movie)

Last edited:
same. fomites, flush with lid down, wash hands for at least 15 seconds with soap, shower upon reaching home, do not touch public anything if possible, sneeze into tissue, wear a mask if sick (in Singapore before covid people felt "stupid" for doing that and now I HOPE they learn it is essential to not spread even "harmless" flu to others), disinfect phones nightly with an alcohol swab. for years no one took me seriously. i feel like that old guy in independence day (the movie)

Yeah, me too. Doing the same things. I've always wished we could move to Singapore. Better weather, better taxes, awesome food! Now more than ever :smile:

People in Germany do not take it as seriously as it should be taken (my perspective). The weather has been absolutely glorious and everyone, their wife, pet, second cousin and his wife are outside :smile: It makes social distancing kind of difficult.

This unfortunate disease will transform societies. For example, I really feel a need for washable handbags :smile: I wonder what the next few months will bring.

Reactions: USCGirlie and loves
However, I wonder how many H owners would take public transport...
That depends on where they live or happen to be at the moment. In car centric environments, maybe not so much. I imagine that you won't spot Hermès on public transport in LA, but the chances are much higher in Paris and New York.

Same. I stopped using H and any leather goods, stowed them away at home and just switched to using LV canvas that I don’t feel bad disinfecting daily. Those with hardware will tend to harbor the virus longer...

B48CD160-7E1E-4AEF-B902-3DDB2398B5FA.jpeg

Reactions: ladysarah
Same. I stopped using H and any leather goods, stowed them away at home and just switched to using LV canvas that I don’t feel bad disinfecting daily. Those with hardware will tend to harbor the virus longer...

View attachment 4702423
may I ask the origin of this info graphic? It's consistent with what I've heard, but they also said that the tests were done in laboratory conditions, which made the virus more stable.

Reactions: Lemonmint
Ive seen the study, some of the researchers from Princeton. It isnt peer reviewed. Dont have the link handy. It is reasonable to use significant precautions with any potentially contaminated surface