How do I tell if I'm paying with Paypal or eChecks?

MM83

Mar 14, 2009
This is probably a really stupid question, so I apologize in advance. I swear I'm not really an idiot (except when it comes to ebay and Paypal).

I want to purchase an item and the seller has informed me not to use eChecks, how do I know if that's what I'm paying with? My Paypal is linked to my bank account and my Visa check cards are linked to my Paypal as well. I've only paid with Paypal about 10 times in a year, I don't think I've ever noticed what form it was.

I really, really, really want this purse and would hate to unknowingly make the seller mad, for my ignorance.

My PP is linked to my bank account w/ CC backup.

My ebay purchases via PP default to instant transfer & if I want to use another method, I have to click & choose which one I want to use.

You have to specifically select echecks, echecks take a week to clear that is why your seller doesn't want you to select that option. If you select instant transfer it will take it directly from your bank account. If you select credit/debit it will take it from that. I normally select that because I get points when I use my debit card.

Alright, I got up to check out and there wasn't an eChecks option, just instant transfer.

This thread is pretty pointless now, I freaked out for no reason. Sorry. I was terrified that was going to be my only option and I was going to miss out on my purse.