How do I make sure it's a MEDIUM Muse?

1. So I'm making an online Xmas gift list (mygiftlist.com) and I have this dream that someone will want to buy me a $1000+ bag - probably unrealistic but I WILL be finishing grad school and turning 30 in the next year and those milestones might justify such a gift!

Anyway, I have not actually seen a Muse in person (I plan to ASAP when workload allows!) but I love the photos and I am quite sure I want a Medium, being 5'2 and not loving big bags. I think I want a Chocolate, since I don't own any really "designer" bags yet and this first one should be versatile and classic. I have been scouring the Saks and NM websites and I can't for the life of me figure out which size is which. I want to put a direct link in my gift list to the bag. I tried NM online help but I got a male assistant and he told me he couldn't assist with selection as that was a customer's opinion! What are the dimensions for a medium? How do I make sure hubby or MIL don't order me a bag I could climb into (aka the XL)?

Many thanks! I'm new to this board and it's bringing out my materialistic side, but hey, you can't take it with you, and I love the people here!

2. I am 5'3.5" and I have the Medium Muse and love it! I think the large would be a little big for me. I saw it on the shelf but did not try it on though.

3. I had a large and returned it for the medium. I think the medium will have much more longevity and makes much more sense for someone who isn't big. Good luck with your search! I noticed Saks doesn't seem to have the brown medium online, but try the YSL stores.

4. Aaah - price is an easy way to tell. None of the 'spensive department stores have the chocolate medium online last I checked. I live in the SF Bay Area so it can probably be procured. I asked my husband what my chances were of procuring it for Xmas and he said only if we bought no other presents, including for him . . . so I guess no Muse from hubby right now. The big three-oh is in May though!

5. Try going to Newman Marcus either in person or call them. I just got my large (oversized?) I seen to be confused between these two myself. But medium is easy enough to spot - it is 14' high vs the 17' large bag.
    But today I also saw the 19' bag there. It's the new color of the season with calf hair. It seems to be jumbo and bigger than the usual Large . Hope it helps.
    P.S. I also stopped by Saks and their selection was noticebly smaller. So try Newmans.

6. For your height a medium is better than a large. :yes:

7. The Medium will be perfect for you...any other size will SWAMP you!

8. Actually, I'm 5'5 and the Oversized is fine on me, I think. A girlfriend of mine is 5'3 and she rocks the Oversized one fine, too, I think. It's about the attitude, not the size. :graucho:

Honestly, I really wouldn't advise making the decision until you've actually held the items in your hands. I went to YSL and Saks a number of times and paraded back and forth past the mirror with the various sizes, in various states of dress, in varying colors a gazillion times before I decided the oversized was the right one for me.

It's an expensive bag. Why make a blind decision?

9. I am 5'1, I have the large (not oversized) choc muse. I think that it depends on height, weight, and preferece. Take you time and check it out you might be surprised, you may want larger than medium.

10. I finally got in to see and try out the Muse. And surprise, surprise, I liked the large better. It fits over the shoulder better and it's just a better size for the style. I like the XL too but I'd use it more for travelling, not an everyday bag. I'm still trying to convince DH that I need this for my 30th bday in May. He thinks it's totally extravagant and
    I keep trying to show him that if I quit shopping between now and then it's not so bad.

Still want the chocolate, although the ivory and the various crocs were scrumptious.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice