How do H wallets hold up with daily use?

I have a long Kelly wallet in Epsom and I loved it so much that I bought another Kelly short wallet. The leather holds up extremely well and somehow the strap doesn’t bother me...

Just to clarify, Louis Vuitton’s Monogram Mat collection was indeed coated leather (and not canvas). The coating is quite heavy, which renders these pieces virtually indestructible. It is the “mat” equivalent to the Monogram Vernis (patent leather). There were other collections with similar leather treatments like Monogram Glacé.

Thanks for the clarification. Indestructible correctly describes my wallet...

Reactions: fabuleux
So it's not really fruitful to do a brand to brand comparison saying LV wallets are more durable than Hermes wallets

The focus should not be Brand A vs Hermes, but rather "if I have this experience, what should I expect from H". It was not my intention to do a brand comparison. To get any meaningful discussion, I had to put out something that people can relate to. I probably could have written better.

Reactions: Lejic and Liberté
The focus should not be Brand A vs Hermes, but rather "if I have this experience, what should I expect from H". It was not my intention to do a brand comparison. To get any meaningful discussion, I had to put out something that people can relate to. I probably could have written better.
I*m sorry maybe my post came off a bit harsh. I know exactly what you meant and I don't think it was badly worded, I just wanted to provide some context before writing the rest of the post.:heart::heart:

Reactions: mcmug17
I have no experience from the LV mat collection, but I do have LV bags in vernis, denim and epi with matching slgs. They have kept very well, but I seldom use them anymore after I fell in love with Hermès. My experience in LV lizzard and croc wallets was a disappointment, so I gave them away.

I like to match my bags with same brand slgs. My H slgs and Carmen keyrings do find themselves occasionally in non H bags...

Reactions: mcmug17
I fell in love with Kelly wallet ( both long and short version) I have no problem with those straps at all. I use my long version for about a year, every day. Then I switch to the short version and use it every day for about 9 months. They both look brand new even though I don't baby them, the hardware has scratches and some white spots ( someone said it is fat from the leather) appear on my red one. No one pays attention to those little details except me. So I am very happy with them.
Sometimes I use my Flore Compact Wallet because I don't want my Mini Evelyne to be poked by Kelly lock

Attachments

• D0F3D36C-0E7C-40E6-9966-631A586B0C64.jpeg
    D0F3D36C-0E7C-40E6-9966-631A586B0C64.jpeg
    147.9 KB · Views: 579
  • D8ACA92B-82AD-49A0-9102-1DED84015E99.jpeg
    D8ACA92B-82AD-49A0-9102-1DED84015E99.jpeg
    238.8 KB · Views: 580
My Epsom SLG has an unimpressive scratch after three weeks of careful use. My madame leather SLG is (knock wood) in good shape and I love it. My LV epi wallet is in great shape after ten years.

I have been a fan of the dogon for a period of time but recently switched to the bearn.
I'm hoping the bearn will hold up as well as the dogon & my primary concern is where
the cc slots are on the bearn. The access to the dogon seemed easier

My epsom and chèvre wallets have shown wear much more than my Chanel caviar wallets. I was devastated with the first dent and then scratch on my chèvre compact bearn, and was very upset when even my sturdy Epsom got ‘card prints’ on the inside, and scuffs on the outside. I consider myself a careful user but I don’t particularly baby my stuffs.

I have contemplated sending them to spa but I know that with wear, the inevitable will happen again.

But they are still beautiful and I’ve to remind myself yes they are expensive things but they are meant to be used, so bumps, dents and scratches are hard to avoid. I still think my wallets are beautiful though.

I’ve had many hesitations on wallets. My epsom card holder quickly got a large scratch so I know that’s not the leather for me. I have a Chanel wallet that’s only a year old that is wearing terribly...and that’s including rotating it with other wallets.

I also have a Valentino wallet that is 2 years old and a Chloe wallet that is at least 5 years old. Neither look nearly as worn as my 1 year old Chanel wallet. Its hard to fathom Epsom and Chèvre being more delicate than my current Chanel wallet (calfskin)! My 5 year old Chloe looks much newer than my Chanel.

While I like the H leathers, I probably will not indulge in their SLGs. I also will never buy another Chanel wallet. I would rather buy another Chloe that’s 1/2 the price of Chanel and at least a 1/6 the price of Hermes.

B28883C7-B2BE-4550-9F69-B416FF46D1DF.jpeg A2FC84F7-8A2E-477D-AD2C-B1A3E8189819.jpeg

0FEDED79-009B-4DD1-950E-5F62D9F773A2.jpeg
CD73B8E3-B0B3-4928-B835-E788F98E9B6A.jpeg
F64E7B3D-7CF8-4EE4-ADE0-587503340850.jpeg

Anyone have experience with the Azap wallet?
Yes. I have a Classic Azap in Togo. It’s my daily wallet and I throw it into whatever bag I am using each day. I got it early this year and After months of daily use, sometimes handheld as a clutch when I run out for a quick errand, I see no scratches or other signs of wear. I like that I can fit my iPhone X in it if I choose to just carry the wallet. When empty it is way lighter than any of my Chanel or Tod’s comparable sized large wallets. I have Bearns in both compact and regular size to fit smaller purses (Azap is too large for Constance 24 and mosaique 21 and barely fits in Roulis 23) but my workhorse wallet is my Azap.