How DARK is SAPIN?

babyhart

admire inspire
O.G.
Jun 19, 2006
regarding SAPIN: I've never been a "green" person. Some pf-ers here are saying that it's a really deep dark green. is it almost black?

what does it look like in the sunlight? is it an obvious green or does it pass for black with a greenish tone? is it as rich as plain black?

i have a chance today to pick up a style in the sapin so i'm wondering if i should get that or black.

sapin does not look black. it is a very dark green, but looks like a deep conservative green. the best bag of the season i saw so far was a sapin city, but then again i saw some pleather-like work sapins.... but there are alot of nice leather sapins!

I like the Sapin, at least the ones I've seen at Barneys. It's definitely a green though--not black. But it's very very dark. Almost like a midnight green, if you can imagine what that would look like

Well, as a owner of a Sapin bag, I must agree with C-whore and Susan-E...Sapin does not look black. I think when you look at it in unflatering store flourescent lighting or if it is photgraphes indoors, it does look dark, but in reality it is a deep forest green. It's lovely and in my opinion the best of all the Fall 06 leathers, along with rouge_vif and caramel.

I thought that I wasn't a green person but I just bought a sapin purse and I just love it:love: It's a very dark forrest green but unless you#re colourblind it wouldn't pass as black at all. :graucho: (just kidding)Most sapins I saw had wonderful leather and this was actually the reason which convinced me. Here's a pic in daylight.

Attachments

• balpurse001.jpg
    balpurse001.jpg
    84.4 KB · Views: 132
The City bag I got in Sapin was dark ... way too dark for my taste. I felt that I would have been happier with black than such a dark green. Diff'rent strokes for diff'rent folks... ;)

I like my sapin City as it is a deep dark rich green. I would call it deep forest green .. when I first saw it, it reminded my of our previous Rover Hunter Green convertible. (sigh, had to sell it as the hood mechanism was going bonkers)
The Sapin I have is not too grainy, in fact, it is more smooschy and rich compared to the other 05-06 Bbags I have.. my rouge and ink are more papery veiny...

I agree with lucid... sapin is like a hunter/forest green. It's a dark green. IMO.. a nice alternative to black. I got to see 3 sapin purses at NM last month and they all had different leather qualities but they were unlike the veiny ones of the prior 2 seasons. It varied from smooth and semi-matte to very matte and soft with lots of texture (I liked that one the most).

i don't think you could really mistake sapin for black unless you are in really really dim lighting. it is really a dark forest green.... it reminded me of a christmas tree color.

The Sapin Work I saw in the store wasn't anywhere close to black.

It's a deep dark green - sorta mossy green.

I'm not typically a green person, I thought the Sapin was really pretty!