How can I make my calves smaller?

hi everyone, I had the calf resection with dr park about 10 years ago. I wrote a blog called “get smaller calves” and have not been able to find it recently. Wonder how many of you had read it??
Just touching base to see how everyone is feeling about their experience. I’m in my mid 30s now and I don’t know if I’m having some sort of mid life crisis... but the last couple of days I’ve been feeling really sad about my decisions and regret having the surgery. Both my sisters have sexy shapely calves. I on the other hand ended up with short legs which was amplified by large calves. To top it off, had to endure countless comments about how chunky or ugly my legs were. I was in my early 20s when I went under the knife. I also underwent a revision surgery years after because the muscle behind my left leg contracted and bulged. It ever so slightly improved the look but still isn’t quite right. I occasionally get tingling in my feet and have lost my ability to block in volleyball I can jump and I am active but it’s not the same. Overall my lower legs have decreased in circumference but the shape I love on my right.. not so much the left.
Meh I dunno. Guess I’m looking for someone to chat to coz nobody in my immediate circle can relate or understand how I feel *sigh*
this is in no way dissing dr Park or nurse Amy. they were so professional and made me feel as good as you can feel post surgery. Might be one of the Unlucky handful who experienced some of the side effects.

Reactions: kim4nguyen
hi everyone, I had the calf resection with dr park about 10 years ago. I wrote a blog called “get smaller calves” and have not been able to find it recently. Wonder how many of you had read it??
Just touching base to see how everyone is feeling about their experience. I’m in my mid 30s now and I don’t know if I’m having some sort of mid life crisis... but the last couple of days I’ve been feeling really sad about my decisions and regret having the surgery. Both my sisters have sexy shapely calves. I on the other hand ended up with short legs which was amplified by large calves. To top it off, had to endure countless comments about how chunky or ugly my legs were. I was in my early 20s when I went under the knife. I also underwent a revision surgery years after because the muscle behind my left leg contracted and bulged. It ever so slightly improved the look but still isn’t quite right. I occasionally get tingling in my feet and have lost my ability to block in volleyball I can jump and I am active but it’s not the same. Overall my lower legs have decreased in circumference but the shape I love on my right.. not so much the left.
Meh I dunno. Guess I’m looking for someone to chat to coz nobody in my immediate circle can relate or understand how I feel *sigh*
this is in no way dissing dr Park or nurse Amy. they were so professional and made me feel as good as you can feel post surgery. Might be one of the Unlucky handful who experienced some of the side effects.

Hi ANPK_1035, you mention you do not like the shape of your left leg. Can you describe what it looks like or if you are comfortable, perhaps post a pic? I was not able to find your blog...Thanks.

Thank you for posting. What did Dr. Park say about your result? How soon after did your left leg shape change?
I didn’t notice, my dad actually commented what’s wrong with your leg it’s a weird shape. And I didn’t tell them I did the surgery! After that I felt really conscious about it
that was around 6 months post surgery.

Dr Park said:
“There seems to be slight depression in your left calf.
If it bothers you, you can undergo simple revision surgery for that for free.

If you plan a trip for this revision, you don't have to stay in Korea for that long.
It's fine to stay here only 2 to 3 days”.

“That kind of irregularity can be caused by two reasons.
If muscle is contracted too much, depression can be happened at lower end of muscle portion which can be corrected by fat graft.
If muscle is not enoughly removed, the remained muscle can be removed once again.
Whatever the cause is, simple revision surgery can improve that (not completely cure or complete smooth appearance).
Only 2 days are needed usually”.

I didn’t notice, my dad actually commented what’s wrong with your leg it’s a weird shape. And I didn’t tell them I did the surgery! After that I felt really conscious about it
that was around 6 months post surgery.

Dr Park said:
“There seems to be slight depression in your left calf.
If it bothers you, you can undergo simple revision surgery for that for free.

If you plan a trip for this revision, you don't have to stay in Korea for that long.
It's fine to stay here only 2 to 3 days”.

“That kind of irregularity can be caused by two reasons.
If muscle is contracted too much, depression can be happened at lower end of muscle portion which can be corrected by fat graft.
If muscle is not enoughly removed, the remained muscle can be removed once again.
Whatever the cause is, simple revision surgery can improve that (not completely cure or complete smooth appearance).
Only 2 days are needed usually”.

That's unfortunate that you have experienced this side effect...Were you exercising again?
I really want this surgery but now I am getting a bit concerned...Scars are not a problem for me. I rather have scars than big unproportional calves but a defect/depression is discouraging. How are you managing these days?

That's unfortunate that you have experienced this side effect...Were you exercising again?
I really want this surgery but now I am getting a bit concerned...Scars are not a problem for me. I rather have scars than big unproportional calves but a defect/depression is discouraging. How are you managing these days?
At that point I wasn’t exercising like I used to. The scars don’t bother me. There are so many others who have had successful surgeries and it’s been life changing for the better.
These days I mostly cover them up. I occasionally wear shorts but don’t like to be walking in front of the pack. Or I try to always be side view.
I did the surgery in 2009, I’m sure a lot has changed and Dr Park’s technique will have improved.

At that point I wasn’t exercising like I used to. The scars don’t bother me. There are so many others who have had successful surgeries and it’s been life changing for the better.
These days I mostly cover them up. I occasionally wear shorts but don’t like to be walking in front of the pack. Or I try to always be side view.
I did the surgery in 2009, I’m sure a lot has changed and Dr Park’s technique will have improved.

I hope you are right! I really want this surgery and I am just waiting for the mandatory 14 day quarantine to lift. In any case, thank you for sharing ANPK_1035. Please don't hesitate to write on your lower days.

I hope you are right! I really want this surgery and I am just waiting for the mandatory 14 day quarantine to lift. In any case, thank you for sharing ANPK_1035. Please don't hesitate to write on your lower days.
I found this one very very rare picture of the back of my legs from 2014... 3 months post revision. You can see here the ‘lumpy’ left leg.
I will try to take one this week so you can see how it’s changed.

5A972E19-5B95-4F36-A341-7EAABEA4920E.jpeg