How can I make my calves smaller?

Hi Marrob

Those are for water retention and epsom salts helps with bloating so I am not surprised they work well. I use Epsom Salts for bloating and it is brilliant, like letting down a balloon. Good tips to soak feet I would not have thought of it. Is Epsom Salts available in Korea and where would you buy it.

Hi Marrob

Those are for water retention and epsom salts helps with bloating so I am not surprised they work well. I use Epsom Salts for bloating and it is brilliant, like letting down a balloon. Good tips to soak feet I would not have thought of it. Is Epsom Salts available in Korea and where would you buy it.

Hi Camber!! Epsom salts are imported and are a little expensive in Korea. You can bring some with you, but since you need to travel light, I suggest waiting until you return home. Also, it might be a good idea to start a few weeks after surgery. For now, I've been taking a parsely capsule, potassium, staying away from high sodium and processed foods, elevating my feet as much as possible, and trying to flush out my system with smoothies and teas. You also might want to bring a little fiber with you. Anytime I have surgery, being constipated just makes everything worse. I wish they had a smoothie king here. Korea has everything.....I will double check on the epsom salts.

Hi Marrob
Thanks. Are you happy with the surgery. I prefer Dr Park as it seems to take more of the calf.

Hi!! I can't really tell yet. Dr. Jong said I should see the final results after 6 months. He said I didn't have as much muscle compared to others that had the procedure done. I have a combo of fat and muscle. Plus, my skin is very thin and not as firm as it used to be so he was concerned about loose skin if too much was removed at once. He removed 50g of muscle from each leg. Not much, but he concentrated on the shape. He said he did my left leg first and could see a significant difference between the two. He did lipo on my lower leg and ankles and I can see a big difference already. If you want a lot of muscle removed, you made the right decision to go with Dr. Park. Honestly, I agree with you about wanting to have as much removed as possible. If I'm not happy with the results, I will probably get it done again. I hope I'm happy with it though because it isnt the easiest procedure to get done. My advice Camber, stick with your instincts. Doctors are always going to want to stay on the "safe" side, but if you know what you want make sure to be insistent when speaking with the doctor, like "I get your point Doc, but this is what I know and what I want and that's final." .....of course staying on the safe side. I kind of regret not asking to remove more, considering my recovery.

Last edited:
Oh one more important thing, right after sugery try to keep your legs straight. Dr. Jong said some are worried their stitches will open and keep their legs bent. I kept my legs straight and flatten my feet against the foot board every once in a while. I think this is why I was able to walk straight because Dr. Jong said people that bend their legs have trouble walking with their legs bent, slowing recovery.

Dear Marrob

You have confirmed what everyone else in this forum has said that Dr Jong does not take enough. At least he did a bit of lipo as well. Dr Park said he would do lipo as well if needed for free. As said I am interested in results and not a good bedside manner so if one doctor is rude but gets the results I am going with that rude doctor. What a shame and you actually live in South Korea and travelled to Taiwan for this.

Hi travelbird! Did you get your procedure done with Dr. Jong? If yes, how long did it take before you could walk without struggling?
Hi, no I did it with dr Park, hmm I don't remember exactly but I was never really limping like some people. I think I was walking okay by day 4 or 5 as long as I didn't walk to fast. It wasn't perfect but people didn't notice I had surgery. But I did walk quite fine by the time I had to travel back home. However it took me weeks to be able to walk down stairs without struggling. Walking up stairs is a lot easier.
I can also mention that I did the DMZ tour the second week post op which is a lot of walking and up and down a loooong tunnel. None of the other people in my group noticed anything "wrong" with me. I was keeping up with them the whole time :smile:

Hi I was wondering when you had your flight back home, how did you stretch your legs on the plane? Korea back to Sweden would take around 9 hours (haha I googled it). The reason I'm asking is cause I going to do the surgery with Dr. Park as well, but then I don't know when booking my flight it asks if I require assistance, but I'm not sure how I can put that in. Please let me know if you can, super nervous about planning this whole thing! Thanks!

Hu Judypru,
My flight was actually longer than that haha
I booked my flight quite late so I didn't have many options. I had to fly from Seoul to China which took 4 hours. Then from China to Amsterdam which took over 12 hours!! and the last flight was from Amsterdam to Copenhagen which was an hour.. I was very worried about the long flight, I remember getting a panic attack when the flight between china and the Netherlands was taking off. I just felt my feet swelling up because I couldn't elevate and knew it was going to be a hard flight. They gave me a good seat. I had sooo much legroom but that didn't help because I still could not elevate. After like two or three hours a man got upgraded to first class because his words "He can sleep vertically he needs to lie horizontal".. So he came up to me and said I can take his old seat, which was in the back. There were 3 empty seats just for me which sounds good but the armrests didn't go all the way up so it was impossible to sleep comfortable anyway. I got a bit annoyed that they didn't upgrade me since one of the flight attendants knew my condition.. But whatever..

About airport assistance. I sent an email to China southern (airline) and asked for assistance at the airport. You can also write your airline on Facebook, I noticed you gat an answer quicker! I also asked dr Park to write a doctors note incase the airline needed it which they didn't. Then when I arrived at the airport I just informed the someone the the checkin counter that I had arrived. Later someone that worked at the airport picked me up in a wheelchair and this was very cool because we took a lot of shortcuts, cuts lines and it all went quick and smooth, no big lines and all that. This is really great, someone picks up up and drops you off, you don't have to worry about anything. I remember getting stressed because takeoff was getting closer and I had still not gone trough airport security. But as I mentioned before we go in a special line and cut before others. You will either be picked up in a wheelchair or a electric little "golfcar". In Seoul and China it was a wheelchair in Amsterdam and Copenhagen it was a electric car. I defiantly recommend getting the assistans!! :biggrin:

Dear Marrob

You have confirmed what everyone else in this forum has said that Dr Jong does not take enough. At least he did a bit of lipo as well. Dr Park said he would do lipo as well if needed for free. As said I am interested in results and not a good bedside manner so if one doctor is rude but gets the results I am going with that rude doctor. What a shame and you actually live in South Korea and travelled to Taiwan for this.

What? There is no shame. Not everyone prefers the amount of muscles taken out over shape. Marrob has her own reasons and knows her body the best therefore she made her decision to go with Jong. And she didn't even mention that Park was rude, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. IMO, skills are what make you a doctor, compassion is what makes you a good doctor.

Hu Judypru,
My flight was actually longer than that haha
I booked my flight quite late so I didn't have many options. I had to fly from Seoul to China which took 4 hours. Then from China to Amsterdam which took over 12 hours!! and the last flight was from Amsterdam to Copenhagen which was an hour.. I was very worried about the long flight, I remember getting a panic attack when the flight between china and the Netherlands was taking off. I just felt my feet swelling up because I couldn't elevate and knew it was going to be a hard flight. They gave me a good seat. I had sooo much legroom but that didn't help because I still could not elevate. After like two or three hours a man got upgraded to first class because his words "He can sleep vertically he needs to lie horizontal".. So he came up to me and said I can take his old seat, which was in the back. There were 3 empty seats just for me which sounds good but the armrests didn't go all the way up so it was impossible to sleep comfortable anyway. I got a bit annoyed that they didn't upgrade me since one of the flight attendants knew my condition.. But whatever..

About airport assistance. I sent an email to China southern (airline) and asked for assistance at the airport. You can also write your airline on Facebook, I noticed you gat an answer quicker! I also asked Dr Park to write a doctors note incase the airline needed it which they didn't. Then when I arrived at the airport I just informed the someone the the checkin counter that I had arrived. Later someone that worked at the airport picked me up in a wheelchair and this was very cool because we took a lot of shortcuts, cuts lines and it all went quick and smooth, no big lines and all that. This is really great, someone picks up up and drops you off, you don't have to worry about anything. I remember getting stressed because takeoff was getting closer and I had still not gone trough airport security. But as I mentioned before we go in a special line and cut before others. You will either be picked up in a wheelchair or a electric little "golfcar". In Seoul and China it was a wheelchair in Amsterdam and Copenhagen it was a electric car. I defiantly recommend getting the assistans!! :biggrin:

Haha, maybe I should use his reason to get an upgrade on my flight. I heard upgrades are rarely done nowadays though.That layover must have been horrible! I heard upgrades are rarely done nowadays though. Oh, I didn't know the Facebook method would be faster~ I'll definitely try that if I'm need something done quickly. And ya, I heard from another person in the forum that the assistance from the counter to the gate is way easier. Thanks for replying travelbird!! I'm trying to plan the trip right now. I want to explore Korea while I'm there, cause I know that after the operation, I'll probably have to rest a bit, stay in my room and stretch. It's hard, there's so many places and things I want to see and do! lol.

What? There is no shame. Not everyone prefers the amount of muscles taken out over shape. Marrob has her own reasons and knows her body the best therefore she made her decision to go with Jong. And she didn't even mention that Park was rude, so I'm not sure where you're getting that from. IMO, skills are what make you a doctor, compassion is what makes you a good doctor.

Awwww thanks, Judypru. You are a sweetheart. You are right about everything you said. Spot on. We need to uplift each other and this forum has been a blessing, being able to relate with others about the whole "battle of the calves" we have been going through.

Dear Marrob

I'm happy and trust Dr. Jong's decision based on my case. We have to go with who we choose, especially when it comes to surgery. It has been an awesome experience for me and Dr. Jong and his caring staff made it so much more comfortable than I anticipated.

Day 6 post op

Went to the clinic and everything was okay. Dr. Jong said I could probably return home early based on my recovery, but I couldn't change my itinerary. As for pain, hmmmmm there isn't much. There is only a slight feeling of tightness when I first try to walk, then it subsides after a few minutes and it's all systems go lol. Did a little shopping today and then headed back to the hotel.

Day 7 post Op

Not much today as well. Just the intial tightness when first trying to walk. My next appointment is tomorrow so I will keep you posted. Honestly, to anyone deciding whether to get this done, I say go for it. The surgery and recovery itself isn't bad at all. The only thing bothering me is not being able to wear jeans and worrying if I will be stuck wearing Yoga pants for six months.

Day 8 Post Op

Had another appointment today. Dr.Jong aspirated 12cc from my right leg and 8cc from my left. Not much, but actually felt lighter afterwards. I feel great, except a little numbeness in my right snkle and foot. When I had my compression stockings off, I noticed a difference...... Dr. Jong is great at sculpting. He wanted to reduce size while keeping the legs shapely. He said if too much is removed legs might look sunken or too straight. I actually like the shape he gave my legs. They were too straight, yet thick before. Now, I have ankles and the bulge is gone, with added shape to give a more feminine look. I'm trying to give the best description lol. The skin is still loose and too soon to tell the overall outcome.