How best to store leather gloves?

Jan 19, 2009
I have several pairs of leather gloves which I would like to know how to properly look after.

Given I live in Sydney, they really are more a fashion accessory rather than a necessity. As a result they do not get an outing that often. I currently just store them laid flat in a drawer with all my scarves. Still, I would hate to pick them up one day and discover they are ruined due to neglect.

Any ideas/tips you have are appreciated.

Thanks, pw.

Flat and in a cotton pouch, with a pure cotton handkerchief between each glove. This is how I store my Chanel and Cavalli gloves because they came with useless packaging for storage. They used to have such glove 'sachets' just for this reason years ago, perhaps you can find a vintage one. My python Nina Peter gloves I keep in their own dust bags.

Best to not have them touching, closely pressed, in case they glue themselves together and don't turn them in side out (for the same reason) and certainly don't fold them together into little balls (like balls of socks). Gloves are so delicate the top layer of leather can easily flake off.

I hope this helps

Reactions: handbagparfait
Flat and in a cotton pouch, with a pure cotton handkerchief between each glove. This is how I store my Chanel and Cavalli gloves because they came with useless packaging for storage. They used to have such glove 'sachets' just for this reason years ago, perhaps you can find a vintage one. My python Nina Peter gloves I keep in their own dust bags.

Best to not have them touching, closely pressed, in case they glue themselves together and don't turn them in side out (for the same reason) and certainly don't fold them together into little balls (like balls of socks). Gloves are so delicate the top layer of leather can easily flake off.

I hope this helps

Thank you. Your post is very helpful.