How are the denim cabas holding up?

Can anyone provide me with more information regarding this bag? Official name, year it was sold? I'm trying to figure out how much it retailed for originally. Sold name was "Chanel Lambskin Quilted Wild Stitch Flap Bag". From the sticker, it's 2000-2002. Any information you can provide is greatly appreciated.
This is more likely the square or chocolate bar stitch flap. The wild stitch is late 7 series. They look different, I'll link some below. The pricing will be harder to find. But if they sell for about 600-900 now - likely in the 1300-1500 range originally. The classic flap medium was about 1300-1400 in 2000 so it wouldn't have been significantly more, if anything it'd have been less as a seasonal piece. Just imo, based on Chanel knowledge.
wild stitch items: https://www.fashionphile.com/chanel-calfskin-quilted-medium-wild-stitch-flap-beige-178369
https://www.yoogiscloset.com/handba...her-wild-stitch-flap-shoulder-bag-114463.html

hi guys,

i dont own any chanel bags or slgs, not even 1.
i actually havent really went into stores, cuz i know i am not buying yet
..and i dont know why,but i just havent stepped my feet into chanel or hermes shops yet.

FOR now, i really like this bag
denim flap. retails for u$3500

still expensive for me though.

since i have never had any chanel leather bag or chanel denim bag,

i wanted to ask you for those who do have,

how is chanel denim bags quality..?
and how do you like them? worth the money?

Attachments

• chanel denim flap bag.jpg
    chanel denim flap bag.jpg
    158.1 KB · Views: 163
I would say that 3500 is a lot of money, and you need to make a wise decision prior to buying any bag of that price tag. If you like the leather version better, then go for it. 3500 is a lot of money to "only" buy a bag because it is cheaper than its leather counterpart.
My experience with quality:
I have never owned any denim bag, but I have been collecting various luxury bags for many years. My advice is to go after the bag you like and not because one bag is cheaper than the other. As of quality, according to my experience, leather or not, luxury bags are fragile, are prone to colour transfer, need to be protected from rain and small accidents (i.e. people bumping into them, bags fall on ground, coffee or wine is spilled in a restaurant...). Some bags, although they come with expensive price tags, would be of bad quality. You need to like the bag, because the quality can disappoint. I have a H Birkin, and it showed corner wear after only 2 months of wear. There is never a guarantee to keep the bag at the same condition after use. The B also picked my hand cream on the handles, which made them darker. I have a Fendi peekaboo, and the corner wear came even faster than on the B. Unfortunately, with or without bags, life happens and even the most reputable houses and craftmanship can be damaged, or suffer from wear and tear. Just buy the bag you like, use and enjoy it.

I would say that 3500 is a lot of money, and you need to make a wise decision prior to buying any bag of that price tag. If you like the leather version better, then go for it. 3500 is a lot of money to "only" buy a bag because it is cheaper than its leather counterpart.
My experience with quality:
I have never owned any denim bag, but I have been collecting various luxury bags for many years. My advice is to go after the bag you like and not because one bag is cheaper than the other. As of quality, according to my experience, leather or not, luxury bags are fragile, are prone to colour transfer, need to be protected from rain and small accidents (i.e. people bumping into them, bags fall on ground, coffee or wine is spilled in a restaurant...). Some bags, although they come with expensive price tags, would be of bad quality. You need to like the bag, because the quality can disappoint. I have a H Birkin, and it showed corner wear after only 2 months of wear. There is never a guarantee to keep the bag at the same condition after use. The B also picked my hand cream on the handles, which made them darker. I have a Fendi peekaboo, and the corner wear came even faster than on the B. Unfortunately, with or without bags, life happens and even the most reputable houses and craftmanship can be damaged, or suffer from wear and tear. Just buy the bag you like, use and enjoy it.

thanks so much for a genuine advice , i really appreciate it.

ive been only buying lv and ysl bags , love them , wear them every single day.

for chanel, ! i will wait and save enough to buy caviar chanel bag .

Thanks a lot again!

Reactions: antschulina