Houston boutique

My favorite SA, Kiet at Chanel Houston, emailed me some pics of what's on sale there. I'm going to be traveling the next few days and only have a few minutes to post a few pics now. Have to finish packing and then deal with four days with no computer access... oh, the horror... :nogood:

You can reach him at [email protected] if you're interested in anything here (and there's more, I just don't have the time to post all the pics he sent).

Attachments

• photo1.jpg
    photo1.jpg
    122.9 KB · Views: 81
  • photo2.jpg
    photo2.jpg
    69.6 KB · Views: 98
  • photo3.jpg
    photo3.jpg
    119.4 KB · Views: 85
  • photo4.jpg
    photo4.jpg
    96.2 KB · Views: 133
Sorry... a little long....

This is my first time to post on the forum but wanted to let everyone know and be aware of my latest experience with the Chanel Boutique in Houston at the Galleria. I purchased a pearl necklace from a Chanel boutique of of my state because it was a situation where they were limited and I had to have it tracked down. It was a charge/send. The crystal on one of the CC's fell out so I called the Chanel store I purchased it at and they said because they did not have anymore I would need to take it to the nearest Chanel store for repair. For me, that is the Houston store. I dropped of my necklace for repair and got it back in the mail three weeks later. Ok..so the crystal that was repaired was put in crooked so that it's not flush with the rest of the crystals and now there are dents and scratches on each and every pearl. This necklace was worn once on my birthday and was in perfect condition. This is why I'm so angry!:cursing:

I called the store and told them the condition of the necklace. They told me that this never happens and to send it back. I overnight the necklace ($35) and it sits there for days. I realize there was a hurricane but they had almost a week to take care of it. I called the day I knew they received it and nobody could help me because the "manager" was not in.

I have had to wait almost a week to get some kind of response. I finally get a phone call from the "manager" and was told that I must have done the damage and OR it looks like normal wear and tear - she didn't know which one it was but she knew for sure they did not do it. This manager was very rude and condescending to me and hung up on me.

I have since then placed a complaint with the Chanel 800# and that has been three days and nothing as well. I called the Houston store to ask them if they ever planned on contacting me to try to make the situation right and another manager told me that they already sent it back. This guy told me he looked up my history and could see what I have purchased and returned and I was not a big buyer at their store. He was also rude and condescending. I live in another city...why would I be a big buyer in THEIR store. I have a Chanel in our NM but if they do not have something then I start looking in other places.

I am currently working with my cc company to try to resolve this but just wanted to let you know the mentality in that store and you might think twice about your purchases there.

I just purchased a silver reissue at the NM Houston right next door to them the same time i dropped off the necklace and they have outstanding customer service.

Thanks for letting me vent and make you aware! :tdown:

sorry you had a bad experience. some sales people are snotty and rude for whatever reason and the best thing to do is to not give them future business and follow through with your complaint to chanel with a letter and copy of your receipt and the names of the managers you dealt with. good luck!

If they are sending it back to you, I would refuse the package. I keep hearing of stories here on tPF where people get no customer service from the boutiques and it's just wrong. They need to stand behind what they sell, and if there is damage that was done by them or a vendor of theirs, they need to stand behind that too. I am very sorry this is happening :cursing:.

I would not accept the package, and I would do a chargeback. I don't see how you could loose. I would not let them get away with this.