Hotels you will remember

I wonder if you can share a hotel experience so good, that you would definitely want to come back there. The one with great service, food, interiors, etc. Location can be wherever in the world, but I’m especially interested in Maldives and Bora Bora, as I’m thinking to go there for my honeymoon. Has anyone been to Joali Being in Maldives?

I’ve heard amazing things about six senses resorts but I have not yet stayed in one. there is one in Maldives.

i generally like Aman resorts (we’re Aman members), and we would like to visit Aman Tokyo, Kyoto, and Isse, when Japan opens up. we are urban, and we are definitely going back to Connaught London; Bulgari, Paris; Aman, Venice; and, De Russie Rome.

am not really a fan of the four seasons (too big and impersonal)

dislike anantara resorts (based on one sad experience in the mountains of Oman

I’m on the fence re the Mandarin Oriental (the one in Canuan, British grenadines, is very nice, but stylistically not our taste. The one in London, while gorgeous, is too slick.

we used to like the Peninsula chain, but the last two we stayed at seemed run down.

we had a great time at Twin Farms Vermont, but probably won’t go back. Same for Al Maha, outside Dubai, UAE

looking forward to staying at Miramar? In Santa Barbara (Rosewood chain)

I’ve heard amazing things about six senses resorts but I have not yet stayed in one. there is one in Maldives.

i generally like Aman resorts (we’re Aman members), and we would like to visit Aman Tokyo, Kyoto, and Isse, when Japan opens up. we are urban, and we are definitely going back to Connaught London; Bulgari, Paris; Aman, Venice; and, De Russie Rome.

am not really a fan of the four seasons (too big and impersonal)

dislike anantara resorts (based on one sad experience in the mountains of Oman

I’m on the fence re the Mandarin Oriental (the one in Canuan, British grenadines, is very nice, but stylistically not our taste. The one in London, while gorgeous, is too slick.

we used to like the Peninsula chain, but the last two we stayed at seemed run down.

we had a great time at Twin Farms Vermont, but probably won’t go back. Same for Al Maha, outside Dubai, UAE

looking forward to staying at Miramar? In Santa Barbara (Rosewood chain)
Is Aman membership worth it? It doesn’t include any free nights as I understand. What’s the real value of having it?

I've never been to the Maldives but I'd love to go.

The hotel I'd like to go back to is Chateau de la Treyne https://www.chateaudelatreyne.com/en/dordogne-hotel .

I still dream of it, the place, the gardens the suite, the bathroom the pool, the stairs (no lift when I was there) but you'll need to work off your dinner anyway. Great food and breakfast on the terrace. Seriously, no nonsense, old school, French hospitality. I can't show you the picture of me by the pool because I'm not wearing very many clothes :blush: (only my family were staying there at that time). Go to the website instead.

Is Aman membership worth it? It doesn’t include any free nights as I understand. What’s the real value of having it?
We joined aman during Covid bc we wanted to have another safe space outside our home. It hasn’t opened yet, but when it does, there will be separate member areas

Reactions: Mishella
I've never been to the Maldives but I'd love to go.

The hotel I'd like to go back to is Chateau de la Treyne https://www.chateaudelatreyne.com/en/dordogne-hotel .

I still dream of it, the place, the gardens the suite, the bathroom the pool, the stairs (no lift when I was there) but you'll need to work off your dinner anyway. Great food and breakfast on the terrace. Seriously, no nonsense, old school, French hospitality. I can't show you the picture of me by the pool because I'm not wearing very many clothes :blush: (only my family were staying there at that time). Go to the website instead.
Best food in all of France.

The Warwick Hotel in New York City. Stayed there on my work trip in 2019. Perfect location in Mid-Town Manhattan. Extremely short walks to Saks 5th Ave, Bergdorf-Goodman, Bloomingdales, and all the boutiques. Also very short walks to Central Park, Rockefeller Center, MoMA, and Time's Square. Excellent service. Lovely, historic building. Delightful amount of closet space. Built in 1926 it has some fun historical elements - unlike new hotels.

the-warwick-hotel.jpg

Tbh Mandarin Oriental has been mostly a miss unless you get upgraded to a suite.
I'm talking about screws missing in the tub drains, broken lock on the door to the room, etc. The service is nice ; the rooms really not up to par.
I’ve had these types of issues in Mandarin Oriental and FS suites. IMO also depends on the age of the property

Reactions: A bottle of Red
I'm a big fan of Amans. Haven't been to a bad one yet. My favorite would be hard to choose, maybe Amanjiwo in Java, maybe the Amandira boat.
I actually really like the Rosewood in Beijing; the club is really lovely.
Agree that Peninsula has lost luster but still like the one in Beverly Hills.
Mnemba in Tanzania is amazing as is Ngorongoro Crater Lodge. So is The Brando in French Polynesia.