Hotel du Parc v. Boeing 55 or Jeanne GM?

becesq

O.G.
Jan 13, 2010
I need to upgrade my carry-on luggage and am curious about the difference between these 2 bags.

How do you (or would you) use your Hotel du Parc bag? I very much like its shape as I have loved the shape of the utterly impractical (for me) LV Alize bag for several years.

If I purchased a strap (which I can), could the HdP be interchangeable with a Boeing 55?

Or does the HdP compare better to the Jeanne GM?

My thoughts for what it's worth , hee hee

1. Love love the hotel du PARC but very heavy. Esp if you plan on unzipping the bottom and utilizing the extension, think for most, a loaded down HdP would be unmanageable. While the..
2. Jeanne GM would barely hold enough for me for long weekend. Nowhere near the room of your other choices.
3. Boeing 55 is a great travel bag. First hand experience, easy to manage with strap.

I'm not 100% sure but don't think you could use the strap on HdP. But you will need to look into that.

I would not like the vertical depth vs horizontal length for packing in the HdP vs Boeing. I don't like north south bags, but don't let that stop you from buying this beauty.

I think RB Boi has a you tube on the HdP.

Let us know what you decide.

Thanks so much for the quick reply. I've only ever used my Jeanne as a carry-on when traveling without kids & have used it as my handbag. I mentioned it to get a point of reference to the HdP for size & ease of use.

I do think a Boeing is way to go. I dislike duffle shaped bags for easy access as they always seem like a black hole...

Which color do you have? All I have in black is a Fidji which I almost always pack flat anyways. Would a 55 work as a bag to fit under my seat then a 65 as a week-end bag work? I worry that carrying two duffle-shaped bags would be too bulky...

The 55 is a carry on for me.
Agree would be difficult to juggle two duffles. I have a roller bag and attach the Boeing on top. Easy to maneuver.

My friend has an HdP, it holds a lot. She complains very heavy and hard to manage when utilizing the entire space.
I have the small version vendome and the GM is on my want list. May satisfy your need for this style bag.

My Boeing is the dark blue, but my vendome is black.

Last edited: