HOT STAMPING, RETURN IT OR NOT?

malzahnart

Mar 7, 2016
I just bought my Keepall 45 B Macassar and LOVE IT. I had her hot stamp my initials but when she handed it back to me I notice a slant on the top part of the L. I said something to her about it and she said well she noticed that too but checked the machine and that's how it prints? Am I being picky or should I return it and have them order me a new tag and take it to a different LV store and get it hot stamped. I have posted pics of a couple of other things I have had hot stamped and they don't have that? WHAT SHOULD I DO?

Attachments

• 5Qb0PyoSTEy8HLK5G4DV8g.jpg
    5Qb0PyoSTEy8HLK5G4DV8g.jpg
    225.8 KB · Views: 887
  • KBqkIjVOQwu6VovD3UzoHA.jpg
    KBqkIjVOQwu6VovD3UzoHA.jpg
    207.9 KB · Views: 929
Clearly it bothers you enough that you took the time to create a thread on the forum... so I say return it. Or else you will obsess over it and won't be able to enjoy your purchase.
Personally, I would not have even noticed the difference :lol:. But I don't look at my bags the way others do on here.

Also WHITE for Macassar??? Ewwww. I would change that to Silver!

Clearly it bothers you enough that you took the time to create a thread on the forum... so I say return it. Or else you will obsess over it and won't be able to enjoy your purchase.
Personally, I would not have even noticed the difference :lol:. But I don't look at my bags the way others do on here.

You are right I will obsess about it and IT IS SILVER...IT'S JUST THE LIGHTING FROM THE CAMERA MADE IT LOOK WHITE BUT IT'S SILVER...I THINK THE NEXT ONE I'LL DO RED! Thank you so much.

Reactions: fabuleux
If this were to happen to me I'd take it back too.. I believe they usually have at least 3 different letter L's to choose from, so take your other hot stamped pieces to compare the letter for the one that matches and then let them stamp it for you! :heart:

Personally I wouldn’t bother, I think it looks fine. Heat stamping is done by hand and will have variations, I feel as long as it’s not really obviously wonky or wrong in some way, it’s fine.
Having watched my SA spend quite some time lining up and checking several times while doing a heat stamp, I’ve realised it’s a truly unique ‘art’. It really depends on the skill of the person doing it, therefore they aren’t always perfect. A minor ‘defect’ wouldn’t affect me, it’s not something I would look at up close enough for it to be a problem.

I just bought my Keepall 45 B Macassar and LOVE IT. I had her hot stamp my initials but when she handed it back to me I notice a slant on the top part of the L. I said something to her about it and she said well she noticed that too but checked the machine and that's how it prints? Am I being picky or should I return it and have them order me a new tag and take it to a different LV store and get it hot stamped. I have posted pics of a couple of other things I have had hot stamped and they don't have that? WHAT SHOULD I DO?

To me it looks like the "L" on the red item in your second photo. I don't know anything about the fonts LV uses, but to me it just looks like a font. Only you can say if it bothers you enough to return it.

All my Macassar bags have silver hot stamping. In my opinion, the hot stamp works best in gold, silver, or colorless. I am not a fan of the other options. That's just me though.

Agreed. And they don't even have pure white. The closest they offer is Ivory and it's a horrible color to be stamped on anything and everything. I made the mistake of thinking "Ivory looks white-ish so it should be fine" once and the luggage tag is in a garbage somewhere now.

I thought it was silver??

Reactions: malzahnart