Hot stamp a NF? Yay or Nay? + Pic of my first LV purchase!

iloveredsoles

Sep 15, 2008
Hello my fellow tpf'ers!!

I made the mistake of venturing from the Louboutin forum to the LV forum thus resulting in my new LV obsession!!

I made my first LV purchase a couple of days ago! Here she is!

Lv damier Neverfull :love:

photo.jpg

Do you think I should hot stamp her? I was thinking of doing my initials on one of the "leafs" tone on tone but another thought i had was adding a luggage tag or better yet the smaller tag with the longer strap clochette something? (please excuse my lack of LV lingo lol)

If i add the luggage tag i was thinking of doing my initials in gold...what do you think?

Help me ladies!! (and gents!)

Last edited:
Hi! I had the luggage tag hot stamped on my White Multi Noe and I was sorry. I never kept it on the bag and none of my luggage has the tags stamped. You know they only hot stamp certain things and I'm not quite sure what you mean about having a "leaf" done, but my vote would be just to get a cute bag charm for this bag. Having said that, I did just order the Neverfull GM in Mon Monogram (striped with my initials).

Thx for your reply Paris !

When i say "leaf" i mean the base of the handle which looks kinda like a leaf. I've seen some NF hot stamped that way in this forum.
I'm just not sure how it's going to look once it's done and I dont want to have any regrets that's why i'm thinking of hot stamping a luggage tag or clochette ( not sure which will look better on the bag yet) so it's not permanent and I can remove it if i want.
Sooo confused!

That's what I was also thinking DD (fellow Canadian!! :ghi5:) I wont ever sell the bag but i like that the tag is not permanent and can be used on another LV bag... but which do you think will look nicer on the bag; a luggage tag or the clochette?

I mean do people even add tags to a NF or will I look silly? I added the padlocks because I thought it gave it a nice touch when the bag is sinched just not sure what to do now!

Sorry, I'd guessed that you meant the base of the handles, when you said leaf, but I didn't want to assume. I totally agree to not permanently mark the exterior of the bag. Do something removeable and since this bag is large (tall) I think the clochette would be really cute.

Ladies I have another question...Is it normal for the squares of the Damier not to line up perfectly where the stitching is? This bag was purchased at a LV store so i'm absolutely not concerned that it is fake but is this a defect? I just noticed this...i'm so nervous now lol

photo-1.jpg

Ladies I have another question...Is it normal for the squares of the Damier not to line up perfectly where the stitching is? This bag was purchased at a LV store so i'm absolutely not concerned that it is fake but is this a defect? I just noticed this...i'm so nervous now lol

photo-1.jpg

Gorgeous bag! Congrats! My Damier Azur Neverfull is lined up just like yours on one side of the bag. Not sure if it's normal for all Neverfulls, I just thought I'd let you know mine is similar to yours.

Thank you Miss and Jenni !!

Nicole, I just did another search and read quite a few posts from other ladies here saying that they have had similar alignment issues. It was the last NF at the LV store so I don't really want to bring it back now lol

I'm just a bit disappointed since it's my first LV purchase and I was pretty much expecting perfection from this label. Thx for your quick feedback though, you made me feel a lot better knowing that im not the only one :flowers: