Hot Pink Venice Hobo reveal

monkeytail

(Jennifer)
O.G.
Sep 10, 2009
My Hot Pink Venice Hobo from the Gilt sale arrived a few days ago. Here are pictures

IMG_3964-1.jpg

A close up of the leather, I think it has a light glaze, but it isn't super shiny
IMG_3883-1.jpg

From the top so you can see the zipper on the strap
IMG_3962.jpg

With my Mortale Grande Tote
IMG_3882.jpg

With my HH Havana
IMG_3881.jpg

I hope that with use it will soften up and be more slouchy. Right now I really don't like the way it feels on. I'm trying to decide if I should wear it a bit and see how it breaks in or just rehome it.

I paid more than you did just days before Gilt has the sale. Mine is the pink hobo as well.
Yours looks really pretty!
Does it just sit on your shoulder and not slouch right?
Why don't you like how it feels?

^^Oh I understand. I kind of like my bags to sit real high so that probably won't be a problem when I get mine. Maybe it will break in. Your pictures are superb!!

Gorgeous! We are bag twins!! Mine broke in pretty quickly. I think it hangs well and is perfect for trips to the mall. Some of my purses are too heavy to carry for a day at the mall but this bag doesn't weigh my shoulders down.

It's a great color!! I have loved this style since it first came out. I am so sorry you are having doubts & may not be completely in LOVE with it! That's never a good feeling. Maybe it will loosen up with some use though?

I stuffed it with a fleece pullover to fill it out. Maybe if I put heavier purse stuff in it to weight it down it will drape better. I guess I'll play around tonight.

I also bought this bag from the gilt sale and I love it! The color is so beautiful and I love the zip detail on the handle. I wore it with a black sundress this weekend and got so many compliments! I'm sure I'll love it even more when it is broken in. Now I need to stop buying Botkier bags for a while- so hard to be good with all these sales!:biggrin:

Those are great pictures - so helpful to see with different sizes and colors of bags. If you wanted to post some modeling pics, I'd love to see them! :smile: I do love the color.

I'm sorry you don't love it. I had the same reaction. From the comments here & the pics I've seen of used bags, it does seem to soften up, and the center seems to slouch (leading to a bigger arm hole area, which I like).

Some people (I've seen this on the RM forum) put books (probably wrapped in something soft, so you don't get marks from the corners) in the bags then hang them on doorknobs. I have no idea if/how this will work but thought I'd toss it out there.

WOW that bag is beautiful! i really like the zipper detail on the strap. I thought that this pink would be obnoxious, but it really is beautiful! I love it! I wish i had more guts to buy a pink bag!

Congratulations monkeytail! It is such a nice shade of pink and it is different shade from your other bags. When I first got my venice satchel the sides of the bag were a bit stiff but I could feel from the leather that it would soften up. After using the bag it eventually softened up for me to use the shoulder strap. I hope it works out for you! :smile:

I remember thinking the same thing when I got my Venice Hobo last year, so I can relate. It did take a few months but then it had the perfect feel for me - slouchy, but still structured enough that it looks good partly empty as well as stuffed.

FYI, it will never get as slouchy as the HH Havana (I have two of those), so if that's the feel you want, I would rehome it. The thicker leather of the Havanas always breaks in quickly; it's supposed to slouch, right? I think the lambskin of the Venice Hobo feels smooshy but the structure is always there thanks to the zippers. However, I think you'll like the feel and functionality after a few weeks, definitely after a month or two.

They photos are great - what an awesome color for warmer months! (Though you do have some pretty amazing pink bags...)