Horror story from Bloomingdales

_jssaa

Jun 14, 2012
Apologies for the long story, I made an order for 2 MK wallets and a Selma at the start of December. I had forgotten to enter my 10% off entire order coupon and the day after, I noticed a promo on free shipping internationally through Borderfree to Australia. I jumped on live chat and spoke to someone in the international department and asked them if it would be easier to just cancel my order and re-order with the promo and free shipping. They said not to worry, they are able to refund the shipping and 10% once I receive a confirmation email of the shipment.

When I received the email, I jumped on chat and was told by another international rep on live chat that they are able to credit me 10% but not the shipping as they don't offer free shipping on international orders (funny how the shipping was STILL free at this time). Fine, I said process the credit. This was around the middle of December. They said it'll take 5 business days for the credit to come through.

2 weeks later, no credit still. By this time I have already received the items. Was told the credit is still processing can take up to 10 business days.. Ok waited another 2 weeks. December 29 I go back to live chat and speak to a rep who says they will request a reminder to Borderfree to issue the credit and it'll take 5-7 business days for it to go through.

A bit more than 2 weeks later (January 7) I STILL have not received my refund so back on chat I go and was told do not worry I definitely will receive my 10% refund and that she will request another reminder to Borderfree. A bunch of "sorry for the inconvenience" the amount will be refunded and appear on your bank statement in 5-7 days.

Now a week later still nothing I go back to chat and spoke to the worst customer service rep ever (Jana S). Now she tells me it takes 30 BUSINESS DAYS for it to process?!? She straight up just tells me to call Borderfree and gives me a number. I said well before I receive an expensive phone bill can you guarantee I have the authority to request the credit from Borderfree? She says "call Borderfree, like I said it takes 30 business days for credits to process" umm OK?! So that's not a guarantee, it's not a toll free number and I'm not even sure if I can request a refund??? If I have to be on hold for hours I know it'll cost over $100 as it will be an international call.

I am sooo sick and tired of staying up late just to get on live chat as they are not 24 hours. Ive had issues with Bloomingdales before but never like this. I have also ordered from other retailers like Neimans, Nordstrom and Saks who also use Borderfree and have NEVER had an issue in receiving a credit. I order from Nordstrom a lot and usually have to wait until the order ships out to Australia before they can request a credit from price matching. I always receive my refund within the 10 business days time frame.

Anyone have any similar experiences with receiving credit? Any advice on what to do next? Should I just send it back and request a full refund? If I would even get a full refund?

(Sorry for the long rant I had just gotten off live chat fuming)

O my GOD! I a, going Thru the same frustration, u are only waiting for 10% credit, I am waiting for one of the items I bought! No item, and no credit! I am in Australia too. I placed an order on 19th December. I ordered a MK large cindy crossbody and MK medium Selma messenger studded in cherry. I received the cindy early this month but never received the Selma. The Selma cost me $250. It made it thru customs end of December but then wasn't scanned again. I too, like u, stay up till 2 am to chat with them, then spend another 1 hour trying to get my issue solved. I have probably spoken to every SA on chat, Bloomingdales and the international shipping department chat. Some promised me a reshipment, some promised a credit but noting happened so far. I know what u are saying about jana s. I spoke to her last night. She wouldn't respond for 5 minutes and then, when she would, seemed like she is not even reading what I was saying. I felt like ****** her! Eventually, she said to me exactly the same thing that your credit was issued on 19th and will process within 21-30 days. I payed with PayPal and PayPal refunds are instant. I was finally after over a month, told that the item was received but borderfree, I don't know why it didn't make its way to me. My mail delivery lady delivers my parcels to me and if I am not home, they are delivered to my neighbours who are always at home. I too have never had problem with any other borderfree store like Saks or Neiman or even gilt. I have had little issues with Bloomingdales but this has gotten too Much. I was ruining my nights just because I wanted the bag so much and wasn't sure if I'd get it for the same price again or not. Now I have a dispute open with PayPal and will get my money back within a week or so. And I got that bag for $10 less from reebonz today. I think my nightmare is about to end. I can't even recall how many times I went to chat and how many people i spoke to at 2-3am. It's been over a month now. I have gone through so much stress because of this. If u are too concerned about the credit, I suggest u sent the items back and repurchase if u have the option. They are not willing to listen to anyone these days. I even spoke to 2 SAs who called me. But didn't do anything for me. So many of these SAs told me they had sent a request for a reshipment which is high priority and I should get an email within 24 hours. And guess what, nothing. I hope and wish u best of luck with your credit. Keep us updated. Hugs.

I'm surprised that u order from Nordstrom a lot. I stay away from Nordstrom just because they charge like $40 Shipping for one item. It's not even worth it to get something on sale. And the exchange rate these days, urrghh... How does it work for you? I'm a bit curious.

Wow I'm sorry to hear you're going through the exact same thing as me! At least you paid by PayPal and can open disputes, I paid by card. I have decided to request a for a postage paid return with a full refund. Im actually a bit worried if I'll even receive it.

Can't believe Jana s treated you so rudely as well. She made me SOO angry. I never called Borderfree because how I see it, I wouldn't be able to demand a refund as Bloomingdales is their client and they would need to hear from them to issue the credit.

Wow I would think if you had 2 SAs calling you, they would be able to do something, reshipping the item is on them and they can't try to push the blame onto another company like they can with the refund. I've also had lots of issues with quality and how they ship their bags (actually this order came in a plastic satchel bag!). I also had a previous issue with a refund from them. I received a defective bag and returned it at their expense. It was for a full refund when they did refund me, they didn't refund the original shipping I paid, I tried to live chat but was on hold for 1 hour and when I would be the next in queue, it'll disconnect me and I would have to start again and wait another hour for the same disconnection! So I had to email them, took 2 weeks for a response but I got my refund (the refund was quick just trying to get it in the first place was the issue).

I actually love Nordstrom a lot I know their shipping is pricey, I've mentioned that to them. They're great with price matching, I've even gotten them to price match twice on Bloomingdales shipping promo! I've gotten bags for good deals they would've been better if shipping was better but overall price was decent. The shipping used to be around $30 but seems to have gone up. I see Macy's shipping is more expensive and people with bad experience with their shipping, also oddly, whenever I order from them it gets rejected.

I hope u get your return shipping labels and don't have to pay to send the item(s) back. My other item which was a Michael Kors cindy crossbody in steel blue, was stuffed in a tiny box, it had wrinkled, but thank goodness not so much. When I received the box, I couldn't believe there could be a bag in there. No protection, no extra packaging, nothing. Before this, I bought the MK Colette and it came all scratched, the leather, the hardware. I has the tags on, but looked used! After some hassle, I was able to get them to partially refund me. That was a nightmare too. They were not willing to let me ship it back for free. And u know, it is so damn expensive to ship anything overseas from Australia.
I couldn't resist the sales and have bought the Kate spade maise satchel. I hope it comes in good condition.
Nordstrom customer service is awesome. I bought an MK large Selma in black. It kept sitting in my wardrobe for a year. A year later I decided to sell it and get medium. When taking pictures, I saw the tag, which had luggage written on it instead of black. I went to Nordstrom chat, the SA asked me if I wanted to send back for a full refund. After one year! She gave me a return label, and it wasn't long after when k received my money. They didn't refund the original shipping because I had bought other items, but I didn't pay to send the bag back. Despite that, I can't pay that much shipping, if a bit too much for me. Even the $15 at Bloomigndales I don't like paying, that's why I bought three bag when they were having free shipping. Macy's shipping I admit, is way too much. I didn't understand what u said about order getting rejected at Macy's?

Wow, I'm really surprised Nordstrom offered to return the Selma after a year!! That's amazing customer service! Bloomingdales should definitely take notes (especially Jana haha). For some reason whenever I try to purchase from Macy's (even to ship with in the US) my order goes through then 30 mins later it always gets cancelled. I have never been able to order from Macy's as all orders get cancelled right away. Definitely not due to items being out of stock either!! I have even called them to place an order but also ended up being cancelled. They have great deals but I'd rather use Nordstrom to price match.

The way I justify paying shipping is because I have used those mail forwarders before for bags that didn't ship internationally. I once used Australia posts "ShopMate" and to ship a medium Selma was a little over $100 AUD.. Usually other companies I have used is around $70-100 so I see Nordstrom as cheap shipping (but Bloomingdales when they had promos was cheaper). I find that Saks and Neimans, although they offer free express, they don't have great ranges and barely any sales ! Also found Saks customer service a bit snobby on chat :/

I get your point. I used to use mail forwarding service too for a while, i unfortunately wasn't into bags then. I was crazy about makeup. I used to buy tons from Sephora, Nordstrom and NM and get it consolidated and shipped to me. Used to end up paying around $80 shipping including service charge but then our exchange rate was good plus, I justified it by thinking that it a lot of stuff. Now when I have to pay shipping, I think like it's only one bag and so much shipping? Haha
Saks sometimes has some awesome deals. I keep an eye on their sales. I bought a Marc Jacobs Natasha (large) for $222 shipped. It cost $529. I also bought the coach mini duffle bag in whiplash leather for $190 shipped. It cost $800 something here. On sale these days, it's just over $550 I think. And then I just bought the Mz Wallace janie bag from Saks for $177 which retails for $500 AUD. I noticed they had a few MK premium bags for 75% off last few days.
I have placed orders with Macy's without problem. U should try PayPal. Maybe the payment method is the issue. My order has never cancelled by itself. I am the one who tries to cancel and order next day after placing it sometimes when I get buyers remorse. Have bought MK coats from arrived fine.
If u get Nordstrom to price match for you, you still pay shipping which is extra, right? Say if u buy a bag, price matched to $200, u pay around $240?.
Neiman's customer service is not to bad. I bought my medium Selma means be in fuchsia from them. After a few months, i noticed some threads fraying. I went to chat and told them, they asked if I wanted to return the item. I didn't, because fuchsia with fold hardware wasn't available anymore and I love it. So they gave me 15% refund. I had already bought the bag when they had $50 off $200 promotion going on.

Yeh Saks occasionally gets good deals but I never catch it! Haha I found Macy's shipping when browsing one time was like $50 or so compared to nordstroms $40.

Yeh I still pay a bit more for shipping from Nordstrom but on 2 occasions they matched Bloomingdales shipping also so it was the same price as if I were to just buy from Bloomingdales but no headaches!

That's good service from Neimans, haven't had issues with them only returned items when I ordered a wallet once and the corners were bent upwards. I've kinda stopped browsing sites for bags now haha been spending too much!

That's not good! Sometimes PayPal takes a while as PayPal has to wait til Bloomingdales responds. Did you save the live chat transcripts that shows they were aware you have not received the bag? Or when you track the shipment does it say it's been returned back to borderfree?

Good news for me, I received full refund! No more headache, gonna stay away from Bloomingdales now.