Hooray for the Halzan...

Just purchased my first H bag! It came new in box so now I'm struggling a bit with attaching the strap. I think I figured it out but then noticed a second set of holes punched toward the upper end of the strap. Didn't notice those in the store, what are they for? Any tips or pics on how the strap goes much appreciated, a little scared to handle the bag!

20201017_153901.jpg

Just purchased my first H bag! It came new in box so now I'm struggling a bit with attaching the strap. I think I figured it out but then noticed a second set of holes punched toward the upper end of the strap. Didn't notice those in the store, what are they for? Any tips or pics on how the strap goes much appreciated, a little scared to handle the bag!

View attachment 4881347
Gorgeous! You can make the strap shorter so it’s a shoulder bag if you use the holes higher up! I did that recently, it’s super cute that way, perfect for an arm crook moment.

I attach the straps by putting the bag on my lap with the flap facing the same way as me then slide the strap in that way, so it’s more like a belt almost? At first it’s tricky, but you’ll get it! Give the strap a tug to make sure it’s secure once the prong is thru the hole and you should be good to go.

Reactions: Sanae and QueenieQ
Gorgeous! You can make the strap shorter so it’s a shoulder bag if you use the holes higher up! I did that recently, it’s super cute that way, perfect for an arm crook moment.

I attach the straps by putting the bag on my lap with the flap facing the same way as me then slide the strap in that way, so it’s more like a belt almost? At first it’s tricky, but you’ll get it! Give the strap a tug to make sure it’s secure once the prong is thru the hole and you should be good to go.
Got it, thanks! Nice to know about the flexibility in strap length. The Halzan is such an awesome bag, can't wait to use her!

• Love
Reactions: ce_1992
I’ve been storing mine with the little dust bag on the buckle, packed with the air bubble packs that came inside the bag, then in the dust bag inside of the box like how it came. I haven’t been taking the strap out (but I know you should). I also will be taking it out of the box and storing it in a cabinet laid down once I have a proper bag storage area. I’m in Massachusetts so I’m not worried about humidity damage/mold now from being in the box :yes: I also don’t think I’d want to stand it up as it’s Clemence leather and want to avoid any shape warping.

Reactions: Sanae and BlingCat
Okay, one more newbie Halzan question - how do you store your Halzan?
I think it depends on the size and material.
I put rolled paper inside to keep the shape and I keep the bag in the Hermes dust bag on my shelf to allow the leather to breathe.
If the leather is slouchy, I think a cloth should be placed between the handles and the bag to prevent the handles from leaving an indentation on the bag.

Hi guys!!!
Here is my brand new Halzan 22!!!

E3E78DF7-3039-4F74-8638-463BCFAD534E.jpeg

I’ve been duelling if should get this one or a 2009 Kelly Danse and some people here helped me decide. I have absolutely no regrets, the bag is gorgeous!

I’ve been storing it inside the dust bag, with some cloth inside and I removed the strap and also put it inside the bag. I keep it vertical ob the shelf.

I have the same question. My bag is in swift leather and I know that it softens over time. Should I store it laying down with the buckle up?

I fear if I leave it standing the corners are going to loose shape.
I would recommend you store it laying down. My Halzan is in Clemence and I’m worried about slouching. She lives in her dust bag laid on her back. Make sure you put the little dust bag around the buckle so it doesn’t dent :yes:

I would recommend you store it laying down. My Halzan is in Clemence and I’m worried about slouching. She lives in her dust bag laid on her back. Make sure you put the little dust bag around the buckle so it doesn’t dent :yes:
Great tip! Mine is also in clemence and storing the buckle in the dustbag didn't even occur to me.

Reactions: ce_1992