Homeland on Showtime

Linus Roache just finished a spectacular run on Vikings. I was excited to see him in the Homeland finale. He's going to have a bigger role in Season 7 for sure.

That last shot of Carrie had perfect symmetry. Remember the opening sequence of Season 1? It ended with an almost exact shot of Brody looking at the Capitol building.

Oh my gosh! I thought I recognized him but couldn't put two and two together. My husband and I are huge Vikings fans! I went back and watched the end of the last episode of Homeland and sure enough....it's King Ecbert! I'm looking forward to watching him next season on Homeland.

I loved it. I really got caught up in it to my own surprise. I didn't expect to like the setting in Washington and the continuation of the President Keane storyline. But the sheer, manic energy of Carrie took me along. I think the Linus Roache character will be excellent. Nice to see Max is still around, and Saul. Now I need to see Dar. I'm liking Elizabeth Marvel more than i did last year, because she is now displaying her true ruthless character. The FBI actor was very good too.
The hotel scenes were wonderful with Carrie's spycraft on display again.

What I didn't like was the new opening. The old opening was one of my favorite on television.

I watched the marathon of past seasons in anticipation of the new one. I was in the Quinn bandwagon but have now accepted that he’s gone. I liked the first episode. Regarding the final scene with the general dying—I wonder if that was an order from the President or from an opposing side that wants the President to look worse. And I’m glad Carrie’s black wig was a little better than the one she wore before!

Reactions: Freckles1
I think you should watch last season first.

Yeah you were definitely right! There have been a couple seasons where they started in a completely new direction but since this was tacks on........OMG Quinn. They truly wrote themselves in a corner with his character after his near death and stroke. However, I would have rather seen him die the way he did than at the end of the previous season. It showed even though he suffered brain damage, his protective instincts were still there. Only 2 more seasons left. I imagine the one with the new president will play out all season but I wonder how they will set up the final season. And the Emmy's totally snubbed Rupert Friend as he knocked his last season out of the park

Reactions: SittinInCoach
I watched the marathon of past seasons in anticipation of the new one. I was in the Quinn bandwagon but have now accepted that he’s gone. I liked the first episode. Regarding the final scene with the general dying—I wonder if that was an order from the President or from an opposing side that wants the President to look worse. And I’m glad Carrie’s black wig was a little better than the one she wore before!
Unlike you, I have not accepted that Quinn is gone... nope, not even the slightest bit...
LUhfuTP.gif

ibyo73K.gif

:biggrin:

I'm still hoping one day he'll appear alive, straight out of witness protection or something :amuse:

Reactions: junqueprincess
Last night's episode was kinda lame. Do we really still believe that all computer hackers are some geek living a solitary life in no-man's land? Someone who is starved for the attention of women? I think the episodes last season and what is going on today show cyber crime as "evolved"