holy moly this is the scariest thing I have ever seen in my entire freaking life

:wtf:

I can't believe you took it to that place....you really just said you'd eat it....

*Umm I said I wondered what it tasted like and since it looked like a lobster to me hey maybe it too tastes like LOBSTER...I am really curious to know if this could possibly be a new delicasy or expensive food such as the lobster is...Hey I didnt actually say I wanted to make friends with it but hell if it looks like a lobster and tastes like a lobster then why not go for it....LMAO!!! Lobster is one of my all time favorite foods and I crave it from time to time...sorry but Im a foody...LOVER...:P

*Umm I said I wondered what it tasted like and since it looked like a lobster to me hey maybe it too tastes like LOBSTER...I am really curious to know if this could possibly be a new delicasy or expensive food such as the lobster is...Hey I didnt actually say I wanted to make friends with it but hell if it looks like a lobster and tastes like a lobster then why not go for it....LMAO!!! Lobster is one of my all time favorite foods and I crave it from time to time...sorry but Im a foody...LOVER...:P

You are a brave human being! lol It gives me shivers....:biggrin:

if you really want to see some fascinating sea creatures, look up the Mariana Trench. It is the deepest part of the ocean (some 35,000 feet deep). They can't even send a sub vessel past a certain point without being crushed by the pressure, hence, many more creatures live down there we'll probably never see.

Normally I would be intrigued by this creature, but I am in a particularly unkind mood at the moment and I have to say, it looks just like my MIL.

:lolots: Sounds like a handsome woman!

And this looks and sounds like a water version of a rolly polly bug (or armadillo bug, depending on region) with 14 legs and all. Rolly pollys are actually isopods, too, with gills and all - terrestrial crustaceans - so I guess it shouldn't be surprising that the related water-dweller looks similar.

Oh, and I understand that in some countries related critters (isopods that look just like this, but that may not be quite as large) are commonly eaten. They do have white, flakey meat like a crab or lobster.