Holt Renfrew or LV boutique?

1. Over at PurseBlog, we started a new series called Closet Confessionals in which we examine how readers and TPFers afford their bag addictions. Read about it in this intro article and submit your own confessional here. We are looking forward to hearing from you!
    Dismiss Notice
  1. Where do you prefer buying your bags? I prefer holt renfrew because you have 28 days to refund or exchange it if you don't like it. At LV, you can't get a refund, you can only get an exchange or store credit within 14 days.

I also find the service better at holts, and they also always come around from behind the counter to give you your purchase with both hands.

When I went to LV, the lady just put my bag on top of the counter, said thanks and left!:wtf:

2. Wow that's pretty rude!

Arnott, are you Asian? I wonder because you mention "both hands." I think that's a nice touch too. =)

3. Yeah, I am asian!:P

4. "both hands"? I'm asian too but I'm not sure what does this mean?

5. I prefer LV actually. Holt Renfrew has lost alot of it's appeal for me. They are not very well informed, imo.

6. I don't know what it means either. Its just nicer when they give it with 2 hands, instead of shoving it your way with one. :P I wouldn't complain if they gave it with only one though! As long as they don't just leave it on the counter like that LV lady!:rant:

7. i prefer lv also... holt's always seems to be out of everything... plus one of their SAs is pretty rude... havn't seen much of her lately though

8. Welcome, Canadian's!

9. I never thought about the difference in exchange policy, but now that you mention it - good point. In fact, they've even allowed me to exchange merchandise from the LV boutique towards something else at the Holt Renfrew LV counter!

I know lots of people prefer the boutique but in my experience Holt Renfrew service is better. Better exchange policy, more flexible, and the SAs are more friendly and attentive.

10. i would prefer the boutique coz the LV counters at Holts are tiny, whenever i asked about the bags or straps, there is always a backorder or shipment pending or something. :shrugs:

11. I don't have LV at our Holt renfrew. I did not know that even existed before this thread. LV is down the street from Holts here.

12. I see you are from Vancouver too!:wlae:

13. i heard that the Holts in Montreal don't have LV either. and the last time i was in ottawa, there wasn't LV in Holts either.

14. And there is no LV at the Holts in Winnipeg either!

15. i have always preferred the lv boutique. i think i have only bought one bag from the holts in my city...all the rest i take the hour drive to the boutique. its usually b/c the holts has no stock!

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice