Hole in my Uggs after a few short months

la miss

parigote
May 4, 2007
I bought a pair of Uggs a few months ago from Zappos and after wearing them a few months one boot has a hole in the toe. I really want my money back or a new pair of boots. I'm not sure if I should try to get a refund from Zappos. Also, I noticed in general the quality doesn't appear to be as good on the new boots as the old. I wonder if anyone else has noticed this.

I have another older pair of Uggs that I've had for years and they are still in great shape. I only replaced the original pair because the light color got so dirty not because there was anything wrong with the boots. Now I switched back to wearing the old pair because the new pair has a big old hole!

Should I complain and try for a refund or should I just suck it up? Uggs are so comfy and I don't want to have to find another style of cold weather boot. I think boots should be good for at least a season if not more. At the same time I don't want to be a difficult customer.

eta: I know compared to many other shoes $100 is not a lot but it still kind of chaps my hide that these boots didn't even last the season. And $100 is still a lot of money!

I tried to respond to this thread earlier but my internet has been spotty.
I'm going to follow the advice I got here and try to get an exchange or refund on these boots. I'm certain they were defective. Thanks for the opinions!

Just wondering whether you managed to get a refund/ exchange on the Uggs? Its just that I have a pair that seem to be of lower quality than my two previous pairs, the sheepskin is not half as thick and when I curl my toes up in them they really show. They didn't do that in my previous pairs. The boot just feels flimsy and I'm worried that I'm going to get a hole in them soon. I've only worn them three times and they seem to have given quite a lot, when I pinch them between my thumbs they feel thin. I've just spent £140 so I want them to be perfect. However I was unsure if Ugg would deem this as defective. I just don't want to wear them for about a month and then have them wear out on me!