Hole in my Speedy 40

MrGoyard

Obsessed with Goyard
O.G.
Aug 4, 2011
Hi guys!

So today a girl tripped over my Speedy. And now there is a hole in the bottom! It's a tear, also on the inside. It cut through my canvas, horror!

So it's about a centimeter.
My bag is almost 3 years old, so I can't go back to the store. So what can I do with it, glue it?

Hi guys!

So today a girl tripped over my Speedy. And now there is a hole in the bottom! It's a tear, also on the inside. It cut through my canvas, horror!

So it's about a centimeter.
My bag is almost 3 years old, so I can't go back to the store. So what can I do with it, glue it?

I would call LV Client Services and get their suggestion first. They might suggest you send it in for repair. I would not want to take a chance with glue that might ruin it more. So sorry that happened, I can imagine how upset you must be. I have a speedy 40 also.

Last edited:
I'm sorry about your Speedy. I think a one centimeter hole is not too much for the canvas to be weaker. I would try to just close the hole with some glue perhaps and continue to carry it. Your Speedy has been through a lot.

I think i read on one of the threads that lv doesn't repair damages in canvas... Maybe you could bring it to a non lv company that fixes designer bags? I would freak out if that happened to me. I feel for you...

So sorry for you. i might sound totally crazy, but i would go to a cobbler and put a leather leaf or flower be sewing inside and outside above the hole. I was told that a hole or crack in Canvas will run further as its the nature of the material. But thats just what I would do ...