High End Alternatives to a Birking

I purchased a lovely bag from Atelier Renard in Paris not too long ago - the Charleston Soft - which I actually like much better than my birkin. It was around 3000 eur.
@pasdedeux1 I am trying to find more info about Atelier Renard. I love the fact that they are made to order but haven’t found much info so far. What do you think about your bag after a few months of owning it?
Thanks much.

If you prefer, feel free to DM me.

Wow, could you share a pic? I an very curious
I just ordered my second bag from Atelier Renard. The first one was the Charleston soft which I just love. Today I ordered the Le Cindy. I got the Charleston to "replace" my B and am getting the Le Cindy as I have wanted a Plume style bag for some time. Happy to share a picture of my Charleston soft. And happy to share a picture of my Le Cindy when I get it in a couple of months. Can also share a picture of the samples they sent me to choose from, if that helps. I am over playing games for bags that everyone has or are impossible to get. Buying French bags that are made in Paris and getting to select the leathers and colors is so much more fun. And the prices are very reasonable. :smile:

YSL sac de jour.

and not a Birkin look-a-like but Valentino's VSLING bag gives me Kelly vibes.
I didn’t make the thread but these kind of alternatives are the ones I prefer now and literally changed my mind within months. I used to be a dupes obsessed. Like looking for identical or almost identical contemporary bags or high end but slightly less expensive bags to dream bags but now I prefer to just get the vibe or the function.

For example a few months ago if you would ask me for a speedy 20 alternative I would have suggested you

This Michael Kors

Now I’d suggest you this bag

The first one is almost identical but says Michael Kors instead of LV. The second one will give you that stylish casual carefree and practical feel of the LV Speedy 20 but won’t remind you every freaking day the bag you want and can’t have.

Reactions: Joeli7
I just ordered my second bag from Atelier Renard. The first one was the Charleston soft which I just love. Today I ordered the Le Cindy. I got the Charleston to "replace" my B and am getting the Le Cindy as I have wanted a Plume style bag for some time. Happy to share a picture of my Charleston soft. And happy to share a picture of my Le Cindy when I get it in a couple of months. Can also share a picture of the samples they sent me to choose from, if that helps. I am over playing games for bags that everyone has or are impossible to get. Buying French bags that are made in Paris and getting to select the leathers and colors is so much more fun. And the prices are very reasonable. :smile:
I’ve been drooling over the Hortense ever since I saw your post and checked out their site.

I'd love to see pictures and hear about the process. These are exactly the reasonably priced, discreet bags I need in my life.

@ParisBound, if and when you have a moment, would love to see your bag from Atelier Renard. Thanks so much.

Please let me admire yours while I wait for mine. I just placed an order with them and can’t wait to receive it!

Hi All. Sorry for the delay in responding. Attaching some pictures of the options for my new bag and pictures of my "old" bag from last year from Atelier Renard. The process is super easy. After picking the style I want from their website, I email them with some ideas on leathers and colors and they send me screen shots of options. Once I have a couple I like, they mail me actual samples so I can see and feel the leathers (see picture). I then make my selection and voila! I place my order. You need to pay 50% up front and have to do a bank transfer to their accounts. They send you all the information and it's pretty easy. Then in a few months they send you the bag and you make your final payment. I always have my initials put on my bag too. This time I did a cardboard rendering (see last picture) of the bag I want to order so I could be sure of size on my frame. My husband thinks it's hilarious and keeps asking me why I am not "using that purse today?" LOL. My bags are in the $3K USD range. So reasonable for a custom made bag from Paris.

Attachments

• 20240402_164142_resized.jpg
    20240402_164142_resized.jpg
    254.8 KB · Views: 36
  • 20240402_164506_resized.jpg
    20240402_164506_resized.jpg
    192.3 KB · Views: 34
  • 20240402_164639_resized.jpg
    20240402_164639_resized.jpg
    167.4 KB · Views: 30
  • 20240402_164728_resized.jpg
    20240402_164728_resized.jpg
    126.2 KB · Views: 30
  • 20240322_074207.jpg
    20240322_074207.jpg
    113.2 KB · Views: 33
  • Love
Reactions: luvparis21
Another great option I just found, possible my favourite alongside the Sac de Jour.

The Tusting Kimbolton, made in England. The ONLY thing I don't love about it is that the handles don't stand up, otherwise I'd be all over it!