High End Alternatives to a Birking

Not mad at all at this answer. :lol:
There are super fakes everywhere but there are reliable resellers and you can add a layer of security via authentication services. :smile:

That being said, have you found better sources / regions in which to buy preloved Hermes? I’m not an Hermes fan so I can’t help OP on this one.
I have no interest in owning anything Hermès. Therefore I have no source for preloved Hermès.

Japan has been the place where they f.e. treat the vachetta on AAA fake LV bags with different chemicals to patina it to make it look older and use professional tools to get leather/canvas to look old. The receipts and documents are copied from a real bag's and they use a real (LV, Chanel, Hermès etc) bag as an example to make a crapton of copies with the exact same markings and then age the bag.
That's way better/worse than just AAA fakes as they are much harder to authenticate than a new bag.

I have no interest in owning anything Hermès. Therefore I have no source for preloved Hermès.

Japan has been the place where they f.e. treat the vachetta on AAA fake LV bags with different chemicals to patina it to make it look older and use professional tools to get leather/canvas to look old. The receipts and documents are copied from a real bag's and they use a real (LV, Chanel, Hermès etc) bag as an example to make a crapton of copies with the exact same markings and then age the bag.
That's way better/worse than just AAA fakes as they are much harder to authenticate than a new bag.

Do you have a source for this? Never heard of this....

I know I'm resurrecting an older thread, but there is some good information already here and I thought it would be helpful to keep it all in one thread for reference.

Here are two other high-end Birkin alternatives, for those interested:

-the Asprey "Taylor"

-the Joseph Duclos "Lectoure"

I still like the Saint Laurent Sac de Jour best (I mentioned it here previously), because although I see it as its own bag rather than a luxury dupe, it gives me Birkin vibes the most.

Peter Nitz Dream Bag is a really well-designed tote with strap option. For not much more than a couple of the bags already mentioned you can get exactly what you want size/leather/interior and strap.
I didn't know this brand, what a great design !
The e-shop makes me smile: there's nothing to sell by the time lol

Reactions: Farkvam