hi- new to marc jacobs and interested in a black quilted stam... help?

baby&melovelv

i.am.sweet.melissa
Aug 20, 2006
hi! i must live in a cave, because i just stumbled on to the marc jacobs stam, which i love. i really like the black quilted one, that's a decent size and it also has a chain. if i were to look for one, is there a specific name to this bag? also, if i were looking for a previously loved one, how much should it cost? tia!!!

hi, welcome to the new world of MJ. this bag is a true classic it is known as "the quilted stam".....i would say a lightly used one in black can go for 600-800. Black is a basic, so many people look for it....if you were thinking of patchwrok, you could probably find one brand new on the *bay for that same cost....good luck!

The stam is great -- I hope you find one soon. You can find good deals on ebay, but be careful 'cause there are tons of fakes out there. Make sure you have any potential bag authenticated by the girls here in this forum. Also, check out the ebay finds thread - stams frequently show up. There is a black quilted stam (that appears to be in good shape) in the deals thread now http://cgi.ebay.com/Marc-Jacobs-Cla...ryZ63852QQssPageNameZWDVWQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem

$999 is high if it's a used bag. I strongly recommend you get the bag authenticated here before you do anything. Fake black Stams galore. Don't be scammed.

welcome to the world of MJ --
the black stam is a GREAT bag to start your collection
there's actually a gorgeous black stam with suede lining on ebay right now for around $5-something -- if you check the ebay deals thread up above ^^ you can find the info there -- I'll see if I can find the link!

as for the stam, I LOVE the style -- I own three of them and have plans for more -- for me, it's the perfect size for every day and I love the versatility of carrying as a satchel but having the longer chain when I need both hands free -- the weight has never been an issue for me, altho I know it has been for some other girls -- the more recent stams are made of either goat or lambs leather which makes them a little bit lighter and slouchier -- I think the stam is a classic style & an MJ bag should last a lifetime!

ETA: here's the link to the deals thread: http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jac...s-ebay-deals-finds-333531-65.html#post7783038

Hi babyand me! Missed you babe! Congrats on coming over to MJ! I love the stam and black is classic, I just got a Cecilia in black and love it! It has been my to go to bag the last week...see here, and yes let-trades price is too high. You can find them for less..used.
attachment.php
attachment.php
By the way, that MJ stam that ^^ mentioned is TDF!!!