hi! my name is...can you help me find this MJ?

Well, before buying a bag I'm not sure I will love, why not try my luck here?

I'm looking for a Hillier in dark, deep purple color. Don't know the name for this (Currant?) or even if it's authentic, but I love this one:
http://www.ssense.com/women/product/marc_by_marc_jacobs/hillier_hobo/29169

The darker the better - I don't want it to be too bright. More purple than violet, but not too wine.
I wonder if Carob Brown is going to fit the bill - it seems almost ideal and very close to Currant and Eggplant in some pictures - and boring brown in others.
I know it must be annoying to read almost the same questions and hesitations in each topic (sorry guys), but still... What if somebody can help me? :help:

Well, before buying a bag I'm not sure I will love, why not try my luck here?

I'm looking for a Hillier in dark, deep purple color. Don't know the name for this (Currant?) or even if it's authentic, but I love this one:
http://www.ssense.com/women/product/marc_by_marc_jacobs/hillier_hobo/29169

The darker the better - I don't want it to be too bright. More purple than violet, but not too wine.
I wonder if Carob Brown is going to fit the bill - it seems almost ideal and very close to Currant and Eggplant in some pictures - and boring brown in others.
I know it must be annoying to read almost the same questions and hesitations in each topic (sorry guys), but still... What if somebody can help me? :help:
items from ssense are authentic. i think you're right that the one you linked to is currant - are you looking for that colour, or wondering what shade it really is? i haven't seen it personally but maybe someone in the hillier thread has. the stock photos really do annoyingly vary site to site.

i don't know if this is too close to wine for you, but there's also port if you're looking for a deep purple bag. the colour was discontinued but they do pop up on ebay occasionally (my own photo so it's colour accurate)
port1c.jpg

items from ssense are authentic. i think you're right that the one you linked to is currant - are you looking for that colour, or wondering what shade it really is? i haven't seen it personally but maybe someone in the hillier thread has. the stock photos really do annoyingly vary site to site.

i don't know if this is too close to wine for you, but there's also port if you're looking for a deep purple bag. the colour was discontinued but they do pop up on ebay occasionally (my own photo so it's colour accurate)
port1c.jpg

Faith_ann, thanks A LOT for your answer, I really appreciate it! :smile:
These three colors seem to be quite alike, but Port is the most red of them (you're right - probably too wine for me, but it's a nice color), Carob is the most brown, and Currant is the most purple. Looks like the perfect one... Wish I could find it on eBay.:wondering Or just go for the Carob... It looks amazing in Jolie's pics (http://forum.purseblog.com/marc-jacobs/reveal-in-carob-brown-775987.html).

Hi all

I am still looking for a black mini stam with silver HW but mini stam with gold harware is OK too!
If you see one on sale or at a good price please let me know.
Thank you in advance :flowers:

Attachments

• $T2eC16h,!zEE9s3!Z)+DBQpphDv4Ng~~60_3.JPG
    $T2eC16h,!zEE9s3!Z)+DBQpphDv4Ng~~60_3.JPG
    49.4 KB · Views: 339
  • P00040315-MINI-STAM-QUILTED-LEATHER-SHOULDER-BAG-DETAIL_2_1.jpg
    P00040315-MINI-STAM-QUILTED-LEATHER-SHOULDER-BAG-DETAIL_2_1.jpg
    13.2 KB · Views: 344
Hi all! I posted this a while back but I'm still looking for a MBMJ Flash Leola in black. It's "the one that got away" please PM Me if you see one.

Thanks!!

Attachments

• image-1262123783.jpg
    image-1262123783.jpg
    19.4 KB · Views: 305
I'd *love* a MbMJ PTTM Natasha in black, but wine or an off-white or gray would be acceptable seconds. My thing is I really, really don't like the newer hardware birds (where the birds have texture added), so I want an older Natasha (I think) where the hardware is the smooth birds, like the one sold here: http://www.top-fashionstores.com/ma...the-metal-natasha-shoulder-handbag-black.html (except I have misgivings about that site because it's so inexpensive and I can't find any reviews of them online, :sad: ).

Last edited:
I'd *love* a MbMJ PTTM Natasha in black, but wine or an off-white or gray would be acceptable seconds. My thing is I really, really don't like the newer hardware birds (where the birds have texture added), so I want an older Natasha (I think) where the hardware is the smooth birds, like the one sold here: http://www.top-fashionstores.com/marc-by-marc-jacobs-petal-to-the-metal-natasha-shoulder-handbag-black.html (except I have misgivings about that site because it's so inexpensive and I can't find any reviews of them online, :sad: ).

I thought there were some on eBay.

I thought there were some on eBay.
I've been obsessively watching the ones on ebay. The black ones, which I'm most interested in, are selling used for more than they should be new. And I found a wine colored one at a MbyMJ store new for $229, but with the textured birds. I am willing to pay more than $229, but not more than they were new! Thanks for the heads up, though. I will, of course, continue checking ebay compulsively.

Are you looking for 1st season with paisley lining? Or the black/white lining?
I know that the first season ones are nicer, but I don't have a strong preference because I mostly just want one, :smile: Either will do!

I'd *love* a MbMJ PTTM Natasha in black, but wine or an off-white or gray would be acceptable seconds. My thing is I really, really don't like the newer hardware birds (where the birds have texture added), so I want an older Natasha (I think) where the hardware is the smooth birds, like the one sold here: http://www.top-fashionstores.com/ma...the-metal-natasha-shoulder-handbag-black.html (except I have misgivings about that site because it's so inexpensive and I can't find any reviews of them online, :sad: ).
that site sells fakes

here are a few from private sellers that are below retail. they aren't being listed as much as they used to be, i noticed
gray (mink)
shell - ends tomorrow
black

I've been obsessively watching the ones on ebay. The black ones, which I'm most interested in, are selling used for more than they should be new. And I found a wine colored one at a MbyMJ store new for $229, but with the textured birds. I am willing to pay more than $229, but not more than they were new! Thanks for the heads up, though. I will, of course, continue checking ebay compulsively.
i wish i could find a wine (official colour is cardamom) for $229! i love that bag.

the black ones selling for above retail are typically first season bags or the larger sasha's incorrectly listed as natasha's. sasha's are discontinued so they often sell over retail, and a lot of people are willing to pay more for a first season natasha for the ribbon lining and lambskin leather

that site sells fakes

here are a few from private sellers that are below retail. they aren't being listed as much as they used to be, i noticed
gray (mink)
shell - ends tomorrow
black

i wish i could find a wine (official colour is cardamom) for $229! i love that bag.

the black ones selling for above retail are typically first season bags or the larger sasha's incorrectly listed as natasha's. sasha's are discontinued so they often sell over retail, and a lot of people are willing to pay more for a first season natasha for the ribbon lining and lambskin leather

Thank you! So helpful, :smile: The two ebay ones are on my watch list, but I didn't know about bonanza. The mink seems really classy and like it will match everything, so I'll have to think about it. I like how the gold hardware really pops against the black (and the cardamom--thanks for the correction--too, if only it were the older style of hardware). I really don't want a sasha because it's ginormous, so I'm trying to make sure anything I add to my watch list is legit a natasha.

And as far as the cardamom natasha, my mom saw it (who knows I am on the lookout for this purse, lol...even though I don't see her that often, she still called me when she saw it) at the Marc by Marc Jacobs store in Waikiki (Honolulu). Maybe if there's a MbMJ store near you, it will also have it on sale? Or if you really wanted it, you might be able to call them and see if they will ship it? I don't know if they do that, but it can't hurt to ask! :smile:

Last edited: