Hi lovelies, I just wanted to find out how durable the iridescent (goat skin) Chanel bags are?

I know that lambskin is quite fragile and calfskin & caviar bags are a lot more durable but not sure about the iridescent bags. Are they goat skin or calfskin or something else? I love the way they shine so would love to own one but wanted to check if I would have to be extra careful with these as I do with my lambskin bags.

Reactions: Sharifshopping
Grained goatskin is very durable - it has a soft lux sheen and is softer to the touch than caviar. Do you have a pic of the bag?
No sorry, no pic - I just saw some in another post on the current spring/summer collection that looked amazing so am considering getting one. Called my local store and new collection will start coming in 2wks.

Hi lovelies, I just wanted to find out how durable the iridescent (goat skin) Chanel bags are?

Hi Dreamer! I have an iridescent goatskin bag and it has become my absolute new go to! It’s super snowy where I live and I travel A LOT and this bag is very resilient. I have taken it on my last 3 trips and I couldn’t be happier. I almost questioned the purchase when I got home (I have 7 other black or dark bags), but this one is special. It’s a dark charcoal with brushed gold hardware and a gorgeous sheen to the leather. Wish I could get my hands on more! Which one are you debating?

Question about the durability of Chanel leathers-
Is it really any use to bother too much about whether to buy a Chanel cardholder/wallet in grained chèvre, lambskin or caviar? I'm looking for the smaller flap cardholder without the back pocket, to be used when I don't carry a bag so it'll not be babied by Samorgas and such, but put mainly in pockets, grocery bags etc. From what I've read here the durability depends as much on what year/season a Chanel item was made, as what leather it's made from, is that correct?

There is a black flap cardholder that I like on Chanel's EU site right now, but it's in lambskin. For what I'm going to use it for, is lambskin OK, or is it better to wait for one in chèvre or calfskin? I'm not expecting it to stay like new for ever, but last in decent condition a year or two.

Hi Dreamer! I have an iridescent goatskin bag and it has become my absolute new go to! It’s super snowy where I live and I travel A LOT and this bag is very resilient. I have taken it on my last 3 trips and I couldn’t be happier. I almost questioned the purchase when I got home (I have 7 other black or dark bags), but this one is special. It’s a dark charcoal with brushed gold hardware and a gorgeous sheen to the leather. Wish I could get my hands on more! Which one are you debating?
Can u post a pic of your bag? I was hoping to get an iridescent beige (something similar to gold leather) or an iridescent rose (shiny pink) either WOC or flap bag. There is a seasonal bag I like but apparently they won't be making them in iridescent leathers :sad:
Screenshot_20190309-060538_Samsung Internet.jpg
This is the colour I like

Reactions: thefashionact
Can u post a pic of your bag? I was hoping to get an iridescent beige (something similar to gold leather) or an iridescent rose (shiny pink) either WOC or flap bag. There is a seasonal bag I like but apparently they won't be making them in iridescent leathers :sad:
View attachment 4366310

This is also the color I like but I can’t tell if it’s iridescent pink/beige like the ones that just got released or is this a totally different color

View attachment 4366310

IMG_9054.JPG

That’s a pic from when I was buying it in store. Such a gorgeous sheen and light to it! Hard to capture in pictures though

I'm wondering the same thing.. I just purchased this irridescent goatskin square mini bag but am worried about it holding up.. I will just use it in evening but i'm hoping it won't show a lot of wear as I don't think the iridescent can be fixed unfortunately .. pics attached thx!fullsizeoutput_100d1.jpeg

Do u think a light colored irredescent goatskin bag would hold up as well? Thx