HH magnet and card problems...

I would also love to know if anyone has replaced magnetic snaps with regular pin snaps before, how expensive it is. I have no "leather guy" so to speak, so I don't have a clue how to find someone really good/trustworthy/reasonable ($). (And really, given the bolt detail on the Emile stuff, IDK if they could change it to a snap even if I wanted to spend a decent amount to have it done. IDK if the bolt is at all part of the snap or just a separate piece of hardware.)

I haven't experienced any problems with the HH magnets (YET) but it can't be happening in every case. If it was - there would be thousands of complaints about the HH magnets.
i wonder what makes it happen for some and not for others?

I'll test out my Emile indexer next week and report. Can't do it right now because someone stole my debit card number and so I need all of the cards I have left to work right now.

I think individual pieces may of course have variations in strength. I carried my muni card in a non HH card case in the side pocket of the Tharpe for a few days and was fine. I know that some cards are also more fragile than others. The few BART magnetic cards l had always get screwed up - i think they say your phone can do it.

I'll also be testing it out, I have the indexer + checkbook cover on the way. I can afford to screw up my debit card I guess, so I'll try abusing that one first. LOL. Fingers crossed it won't really be a problem, sallyca definitely has a point that we'd probably be hearing a lot more ranting by now if they were screwing up the majority of cards.