hey guys -- missed you all

Aug 22, 2006
i hope this doesn't seem too silly, but i've been wanting to post a note here about why i've been away from this forum -- this wonderful group of stylish animal lovers got me through some extremely tough times last year when i lost my sweet dog jeter and my dear schoolmaster seoul. and i feel like i owe you an explanation as to why i haven't been around to provide the same support to others going through tough times with their fuzzbutts.

the last year was awful - you know about jeter and soulie, of course. but we lost two others as well. my brother's dog chester (my "neph-dog, lol) spent so much time with me here at the farm that i felt like he was one of my own. he lived to a ripe old age for a labrador, but last year the inevitable march of time took him away from us. and in late winter a horrendous small intestine entrapment took my sweet mare fantasia - she died on the operating table after fighting back many times. even the surgeon cried with us over the unfairness of it all. the constant onslaught of grief left me too raw to come into this forum - i couldn't bear the sadness of reading about other wonderful critters who were ill or hurt or had passed on, and i'm truly sorry i couldn't support you the way you held me up.

tonight will mark one year since seoul's passing, so naturally i'm tearful and contemplative. as i said at the top, i know it's silly - but i just wanted to let you know that my heart was with you even if i wasn't.

:heart::heart::heart:

Oh dressage! I'm so sorry to hear about your recent losses. It's always heart breaking to say goodbye to a beloved pet, but I can't begin to imagine the compounding loss you felt at having to part from so many obviously loved members of your family. We all understand your want of some time away from this forum while the wounds are still fresh.

I'm certain that Jeter, Soulie, Chester and Fantasia are in a happy place now, and look forward to the day you start thinking about giving other living animals as happy a home, and as unconditional a love, as you gave them.

We're all here for you!

It's so good to "see" you here, DQ. What a sad time you've had--almost more than one can bear.

When the grief is so raw, as you said, I understand not aggravating the wounds. I hope you continue to heal, though we never forget our beloved animal companions.

What a terrible year of losses! No of course it's not silly!

Sometimes when you are feeling low, you just don't feel like light-hearted chat that often goes on here at tpf...

Welcome back!

So glad to see you DQ. I am sorry for the struggles you've been going through. You have comforted me in the loss of animals, so I hope we can do the same for you if you ever need us. Much love to you :heart:

DQ...so sorry to hear about your year of loss. How devastating!!! We have all gone through this and appreciate and understand your feelings. We will be here for you and welcome back. :hugs:

DQ I was wondering where you had wandered off to! I'm so sorry about the rough year you've had. Anniversaries always seem to be the hardest, or their birthdays, or a day you won a big show with them (in horses case, I suckily know that too).

Hopefully you will be back with us soon, we miss you!!!!

What terrible sadnesses you've suffered.. I'm so sorry for your losses. :crybaby:

Once the pain has eased you'll be able to look back with clear eyes and remember your loved ones with happiness, rather than grief, in your heart; for so long as they hold a special place in your memories they'll always be with you. :hugs: