Hermes watches don’t hold their value?

Can you change the straps at home? I really want to get another strap but I don’t want to have to bring it to store to change it everytime. TIA
I change my straps from home for all my and my DH H watches. LOVE these watches especially for this reason. I use my finger nail (mine are short) to move the little metal piece (see my arrow and circled area on photo). When you move this metal piece it releases pin that fits inside the case. Very easy to do even with my poor eye sight. All my watch straps are leather and not double tour but from photos I saw online it seem to be similar. I never received a tool for any of my H watches. Hope this helps.

FBC52272-49C3-464F-94E9-BD67A80E2446.jpeg

I change my straps from home for all my and my DH H watches. LOVE these watches especially for this reason. I use my finger nail (mine are short) to move the little metal piece (see my arrow and circled area on photo). When you move this metal piece it releases pin that fits inside the case. Very easy to do even with my poor eye sight. All my watch straps are leather and not double tour but from photos I saw online it seem to be similar. I never received a tool for any of my H watches. Hope this helps.

View attachment 5657844
Thank you so much! Time for me to get the new strap then

• Love
Reactions: Hermes Zen
Thank you so much! Time for me to get the new strap then
Make sure you order the buckle with the strap and your SA will easily install it. I think it’s worth it. Everything will be ready for you to use. If I recall, the stainless steel buckle is $100. I’d have to go back to look to confirm if you want.

Last edited:
Make sure you order the buckle with the strap and your SA will easily install it. I think it’s worth it. Everything will be ready for you to use. If I recall, the stainless steel buckle is $100. I’d have to go back to look to confirm if you want.
So I need to get a buckle for every strap? It doesn’t come with the strap? Lol I’m so new to this.

So I need to get a buckle for every strap? It doesn’t come with the strap? Lol I’m so new to this.
Yes. They charge for strap and charge for buckle. I’ve watched them install the buckle but I chose not to do it myself. Looks easy enough but my vision isn’t the best. When I leave the store it looks like the straps laying next to my watches in the photo. Rose gold buckle cost more. I have four straps for my rose gold Nantucket and four straps for my cape code right now. Already have three straps for my new Heure H watch. Takes me few seconds to switch straps (both sides). I’ll be purchasing more straps/buckles in the future.

7B7C4A9B-56F0-4B6F-B7AF-D9605E03CDBA.jpeg

Yes. They charge for strap and charge for buckle. I’ve watched them install the buckle but I chose not to do it myself. Looks easy enough but my vision isn’t the best. When I leave the store it looks like the straps laying next to my watches in the photo. Rose gold buckle cost more. I have four straps for my rose gold Nantucket and four straps for my cape code right now. Already have three straps for my new Heure H watch. Takes me few seconds to switch straps (both sides). I’ll be purchasing more straps/buckles in the future.

View attachment 5658102
Very helpful. Thank you so much!

Reactions: Hermes Zen
FWIW, Hermes seems to be intent on putting more energy into their watch business. Last week they posted a comms job in Switzerland focusing on the watch offerings and marketing strategy. (I got a LinkedIn notification about it but am not interested in a new job). The ad was in French, so I assume it's a French-speaking role, even if it's located in a (mostly) German-speaking area.

Funny, I just found out a co-worker got a comms job at LVMH.

Last edited:

View attachment 5658102
Hi,

May i ask how much do the gator strap cost?